Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Any way to check award seat availability online?

Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat

I have award tickets issued through Delta Skymiles and would like to change the outbound date. As of right now the seats are unavailable and DL doesn't allow waitlisting for partner awards. Is there a way to check VS award seat availability online or do I just have to keep calling? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:44 pm

Programs: Various
Well yes you can check award seat availability online - you will need to log-in to the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club page first and then click on 'Spend Miles'.

If you don't have an account, let me know the dates and I can check for you.

What class are you flying? Upper? If so, it will be booked in G Class.

I take it that you have no status with Virgin, otherwise there are ways of having award seats made available

Thanks,
Richard
Old Aug 25, 2003, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much for your offer, Richard. No, I don't have a Flying Club account. I'm currently booked on VS008 for Nov 21 in PE (2 seats) and would like to change to Nov 20. I could also consider redepositing the awards and re-ticketing in UC if that was available (I was told only coach is available at this time). I don't need to change my return date, but if I re-ticket in UC, then I will also need 2 UC award seats to return on Dec 8 (preferably VS007). Any additional info that you need? Do you know how many awards seats are usually set aside per flight? I wonder if the award inventory using DL Skymiles is the same as what's available using Flying Club miles? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 3:16 pm

Hi,

I've checked and the following applies:-

VS 8 LAX 1745 LHR 1145 744 0
BUCKET CLASS AVAILABILITY:
J7 D7 Z6 W7 K2 Y7 B7 L7 M7 Q7 X0 N0

No Premium Eco award seats left, and little chance of them converting anymore.

System is showing no award availability for Upper on the 20th either, however you could ask them to speak to Virgin nicely and see if they will shift 2 of the apex Z class seats down to G class for you to use as rewards. No guarantees of anything.

As for the return, 2 Upper Rewards are available.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Aug 25, 2003, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much for checking. I guess I will just stick with my Nov 21 reservation. Since I have no elite status whatsoever, I'm a little embarrassed to even ask them about converting the Z class seats. BTW what is the booking class for PE awards?
Old Aug 26, 2003, 2:47 am

Hi Richard, as a point of clarification, what is the code for "reward" UC seats, as the Gallileo check reveals J, D & Z class and as I understand it Z is Super Apex not reward class? Where would I find the UC reward class shown explicitly?

On a related topic, who is/are the best to talk to at Virgin re getting a Z migrated to reward class? I'm a long serving silver, and I'd like to give it a try. Are there individuals who can help??? I'm on an existing PE return to SFO on 20/9 and returning 26/9 - and would really love to get availability of a reward UC seat; I have the miles but they SAY they don't have the seat.......

Thanks for any help/info you can give...
Old Aug 26, 2003, 10:06 am

Upper Reward is in G clas,, you will not be able to see this online unfortuantely.

Premium Reward is in V class if I recall correctly.

As for changing inventory to get award seats, it really does help if you are a GOld and a frequent customer at that. However you can ask the agent to speak to their supervisor to speak to revenue management, but the supervisor will make the call to be honest whether to call revenue management. You could tell them that you can see there is good availability in Z class and if they could swap one toa G for you. If there is no Z class avail then don't even bother, you'll get nowhere.

It may help to remind the agent that there are normally only 2 G class reward seats made available, and the J section holds 48 on the SFO route.

Thanks,
Richard

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.