Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New magazine for FC members

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2001, 11:22 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic
Original Poster

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
New magazine for FC members

A couple of days ago I received a copy of the new Flying Club newsletter - a glossy magazine called 'i-fly'.
It is only 16 pages but has a couple of useful bits in it, including details of the new 'Twilight check in facility' that allows LGW flyers to check into their flight between 3.30pm and 9pm the day before their flight! Useful if you are staying locally the night before, but not so good if -like me- you arrive early at check in to try and bag the exit row seats!
The magazine also includes detail of the new Lagos, Hong Kong and SFO flights, as well as details of the current offers and promotions for FC members.
All in all - not a bad read. But, my statement was even better reading, I am only a few K short of my 150,000 goal!!
Old Jul 24, 2001, 11:26 am
Gus

Nick
Don't forget to enter the free competition, I have sent my entry off already
Old Jul 24, 2001, 12:40 pm

Programs: Various
Excellent,

Can't wait to get back to the Uk to read my copy.

I wonder how the 'Twilight' check in will work at the Airports. VS operations at LGW are normally closed down around 3pm, LHR about an hour later. As all the flights depart/arrive within an 8-9 hour period, they are not distributed through the day.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jul 24, 2001, 1:17 pm

Richard

I'm confused re your comment about VS operations closing down at LHR around 16:00pm. An NY flight deaprts daily at 20:30, Jo'berg around 21:30, first flight into LHR is around 7am! Anyway, Twilight check-in is LGW only.

Old Jul 24, 2001, 3:48 pm

Programs: Various
Mike88,

Eh thats right. I forgot completely about these flights. I'll go and stand in the corner now with a Big 'D' hat on.

If I remember though, the LHR Clubhouse closes for a period of time in the afternoon though.

The LGW Twilight Check-In sounds like a good idea though, the state of checkin at LGW on some mornings is silly, especially for those poor soles having to use the Eco check-in!

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jul 24, 2001, 6:59 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
even in the land of virgins silver has its ad
vantage, and lifetime membership is worth its wait in non renewable gold.

Whats the competition ??

Jon
Old Jul 25, 2001, 2:05 am
TCU

Interesting aside: there appear to be different versions of the magazine for different membership tiers. The Gold mag's competition prize is for two tickets (VS and Ansett) to Oz. Silvers only get a trip to NY. (I guess Red tiers can compete for a wet weekend in Bognor )
Old Jul 26, 2001, 1:42 pm
Lux

Ahem! We get a trip to 'one of a range of European destinations'. Shows you get what you pay for...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.