Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding process..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Boarding process..

I'm looking to book a trip on Virgin America and was wondering where to sit. I'm used to United's Boarding process by "group" numbers. Being a United Elite, I'm used to boarding with group 1. How does Virgin America board?

Do they board the rear first and then the front for general boarding after "elites and first class"? or maybe the front to the back?

Thanks for the incite.

GregC
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: MP 1K, SPG Gold, WP Plat Elite, Hertz PC
Virgin boards in groups. First class and Main Cabin Select (Virgin's Economy+ product) board first, followed by groups A-F. There is no preboarding (or recognition) of elite frequent flyers. The groups start window, then middle, then aisle at the rear of the plane, and then progress to window-middle-aisle at the front of the plane.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
If you want to board in the A or B group, book a window seat.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 8:28 am

Hmm...my most recent trip, BOS-LAX both were window seats and I was lumped in Group C and Group E flying solo. So I'm not sure the window seat theory works.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I also thought they preboard families and people who require extra time and assistance first.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
I recently flew SEA-SFO in row 5, and it seemed like everyone around me was in Group E, regardless of window, aisle, middle. Have they changed how they assign boarding groups?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:54 pm

I swear there is no rhyme or reason... I fly VA a lot and I have been group c,d, and even e when I have had seats in the front, back, aisle, middle, and window. I can't seem to figure out how they assign the group boarding assignment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.