Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Restaurant SFO T2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My go to place back in my UA flying days was Lori's Diner...simple, tasty, and large portions Anything similar in T2?
Burger Joint, perhaps? http://burgerjointsf.com/locations/s...ic-terminal-2/
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by paradox
Thanks you are absolutely correct :-)
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paradox
I had breakfast there once. Never again. Greasiest breakfast ever eaten. Disgusting. Never bought but looked at burgers others ordered and they looked way to greasy too.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Andalé Mexican is quite good (T2 airside).
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ptownca
If it is open you can buy a pass for the VA Club House, which is $40, but includes full sit down a la carte menu and top shelf booze. It is in the Intl terminal, but its no more than a 10 minute walk/train ride.
I did this in May a having 4 hours before my VX flight. Excellent value for $40 and will eventually miss this option. I don't think the club opens before ~2:00pm.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
T2 is the nicest terminal experience in the USA. Gate areas are never overcrowded, plenty of tables and outlets, decent dining at any (non fast food value menu) price point.
Originally Posted by gaobest
Wow! I love love T2 but didn't really think it was the nicest in USA. I don't fly to enough places so I could only speculate that it's nicest at SFO.

I like PDX a lot but it's larger than T2.

I like the idea that T2 is the best in USA :-)
Never really thought about T2 SFO, but it really is a hospitable nice experience.

TBIT at LAX is also very nice.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by ptownca
If it is open you can buy a pass for the VA Club House, which is $40, but includes full sit down a la carte menu and top shelf booze. It is in the Intl terminal, but its no more than a 10 minute walk/train ride.
I agree this is a great option when open. Keep in mind, though, that you cannot walk from T2 to International-A via T1 right now due to T1 construction. Either walk through T3 (~15 min.) or take Airtrain Red Line (~10 min).
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Baze
I had breakfast there once. Never again. Greasiest breakfast ever eaten. Disgusting. Never bought but looked at burgers others ordered and they looked way to greasy too.
To each his/her own. I think it's an excellent burger (and thought the same when it had just the Lower Haight and Mission locations 15 years ago). I wouldn't characterize Burger Joint as a "diner" though -- it's . . . a burger joint.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shza
To each his/her own. I think it's an excellent burger (and thought the same when it had just the Lower Haight and Mission locations 15 years ago). I wouldn't characterize Burger Joint as a "diner" though -- it's . . . a burger joint.
I agree, to each their own, just letting people know if they get food there , there will be grease running down their hands while they eat and a pool, not puddle, pool of grease on your plate. If this is what you like, go for it. A well informed person is better than just an informed person. Not trying to dissuade anyone from eating there, just letting them know what they would be getting into.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I agree, to each their own, just letting people know if they get food there , there will be grease running down their hands while they eat and a pool, not puddle, pool of grease on your plate. If this is what you like, go for it. A well informed person is better than just an informed person. Not trying to dissuade anyone from eating there, just letting them know what they would be getting into.
The Burger Joint has also has a locatoin the Intl. Terminal as well. Really good properly charbrolied burgers and decent old school fries. Simple and fresh.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At T2 now. Decided maybe my food at Burger Joint was a 1 off bad day. Nope, breakfast and eggs way too oily. Sorry Burger Joint fans but it is not good. But if that is what you like, have at it.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
At T2 now. Decided maybe my food at Burger Joint was a 1 off bad day. Nope, breakfast and eggs way too oily. Sorry Burger Joint fans but it is not good. But if that is what you like, have at it.
How do they compare to Lori's Diner over in the UA terminal?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:17 pm

Does anyone know if TSA will allow you to enter T3 for AMEX Lounge access before your VX flight? I was thinking that might not be a bad food option if you had the time - even if the Centurion Club gets crowded.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
Does anyone know if TSA will allow you to enter T3 for AMEX Lounge access before your VX flight? I was thinking that might not be a bad food option if you had the time - even if the Centurion Club gets crowded.
Sure. Any same-day BP gets you into any SFO terminal. The BP police might tell you you're the wrong place - just let them know that you're there for the lounge. The TSA checkers all know you're there for the AX lounge
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
How do they compare to Lori's Diner over in the UA terminal?
Lori's is much better. I like Lori's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.