Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska ditching Virgin's great first class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by pcoll
Just flew VX in F again yesterday. Really trying to enjoy each trip and realize that soon it will change. Really appreciate the pillows and duvet.
Love the free movies , even on a 2.5 hour flight. AS does not offer the same.
We are very much aware how this will be the last of the short haul "luxury" travel experiences for us.
I did 3 flights recently and only one had the pillows and blankets. I do say that was a nice SFO-JFK with only 4 of 8 seats taken.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:11 am

Love the free movies , even on a 2.5 hour flight. AS does not offer the same.
Actually, AS offers free streaming IFE - both movies and TV shows - on every mainline flight.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
Actually, AS offers free streaming IFE - both movies and TV shows - on every mainline flight.
but not on seatback screen.

The difference between squint my eyes at my iphone screen on an AA flight vs being sit back and enjoy large monitor of CX flight is huge.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tphuang

The difference between squint my eyes at my iphone screen on an AA flight vs being sit back and enjoy large monitor of CX flight is huge.
Not to mention the fact that it is all old, canned content. "When Harry Met Sally" will be screened in case you missed it in 1989.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been in VX F twice in the past couple months. I have to say I am not at all impressed with the F seat. Found it hard and uncomfortable. Yes, lots of room, but that was about it for me. Don't see what all the fuss is about in getting rid of them. Sorry, that's my opinion on the VX seats.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:16 am
Original Poster

yes of course, lots of room is of minor import in a small metal tube with 200 people
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by tphuang

You can get an Amazon Fire tablet now for $50 that will be a much better viewing experience than your iphone or the tiny pixelated VX seatback screen.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
yes of course, lots of room is of minor import in a small metal tube with 200 people
Lots of room is important but if the seat is uncomfortable it doesn't make up for it. I'm not sitting in the extra legroom, I am sitting on the seat. I would give up a few inches of that space for a more comfortable seat.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Baze
Lots of room is important but if the seat is uncomfortable it doesn't make up for it. I'm not sitting in the extra legroom, I am sitting on the seat. I would give up a few inches of that space for a more comfortable seat.
The seats suffer from lack of maintenance, but I think you're in the minority with this complaint. I find the seats significantly more comfortable than any other non-premium-transcon domestic F seat. It's the only non-lie-flat seat I can actually sleep in. Do you really find a UA/AA/DL standard domestic F seat with limited recline and no footrest to be a better seat?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shza
The seats suffer from lack of maintenance, but I think you're in the minority with this complaint. I find the seats significantly more comfortable than any other non-premium-transcon domestic F seat. It's the only non-lie-flat seat I can actually sleep in. Do you really find a UA/AA/DL standard domestic F seat with limited recline and no footrest to be a better seat?
Never said those were better, just said I find the VX one uncomfortable. Only comparing it to the raves about it of other people. I don't see what the fuss is about with the seat. Other than the legroom I don't find it any better than anyone else's. This is just my opinion, not trying to sway anyone else's opinion.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by dayone
Four MCO-SEA roundtrips/year would earn MVP.
The thing is, that same trip count would almost assuredly get you Gold on VX if in F.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
In First, you get a free player. And as a 75K you get a free player in steerage.

The player can be flipped over and hung from the seat in front of you :-D. *instaSeatback screen*
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS
I've been in VX F twice in the past couple months. I have to say I am not at all impressed with the F seat. Found it hard and uncomfortable. Yes, lots of room, but that was about it for me. Don't see what all the fuss is about in getting rid of them. Sorry, that's my opinion on the VX seats.
Wondering if you used the massage feature. Many do not know that is part of the VX F seat. It is not strong like a pedicure massage chair but, you can adjust lumbar and get back massage.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wondering if you used the massage feature. Many do not know that is part of the VX F seat. It is not strong like a pedicure massage chair but, you can adjust lumbar and get back massage.
No I didn't. There were no instructions on either fight I was in F for how to operate the seat or even bring the screen up. Short flights, LAS-SFO length, so not really a big deal on that. But even knowing how to operate the seat would not make it any softer. I found it very hard and uncomfortable.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS
No I didn't. There were no instructions on either fight I was in F for how to operate the seat or even bring the screen up. Short flights, LAS-SFO length, so not really a big deal on that. But even knowing how to operate the seat would not make it any softer. I found it very hard and uncomfortable.
That is what the duvet and pillow are for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.