Search

LAX Terminal move

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
LAX Terminal move

Hi folks!

Does anyone know confirmed dates of VX moving to T6 at LAX? Delta is set to move into T2-3 by May 5, 2017. Can we assume that by May 5, 2017 VX will be at T6?

I twitted VX on that, though they haven't heard about terminals swap at LAX .
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AS
May 1st has been reported. Will be traveling VX LAX Tuesday, will follow up and report findings.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
pcoll, thank you. I would appreciate.

I'm booked on LAX-HNL 5/14. Would be nice if VX by that time is in T6.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
All the major moves are scheduled for early May, but it's not set in stone. A lot depends on whether Delta is able to get all their IT pre-work done. Virgin America is the last airline scheduled to vacate T3. If all goes to plan, they should end up at gates 60-63 when they move on/around May 15th.

Check out the pages atarting around 114 for more details. No word yet on whether VX Golds will have Board Room lounge access at LAX after the move.

http://crankyflier.com/2016/10/24/th...-theyre-going/
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:30 pm

In VX Loft now. Asked attendants about move to T-6.
They seemed unsure as to actual date. May 10 or 12 has been floated around, according to them. Said I should report " mid month" to be safe �� It all depends on Delta.
Food offerings are apples, bananas, fresh cookies (white chocolate, oatmeal and chic chip). Biscotti, mixed nuts and crackers. Soup put out at 3pm. No cheese provided for,the crackers.
Gratis drinks, wine, beer and soft drinks. Mmixed drinks and hot food for fee.
Cheers.
Entered with PP and First Class boarding pass, FWW.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

This suggests the VX move will also occur around May 12.
Delta Air Lines (DAL) and Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) will orchestrate one of the largest terminal moves in the history of commercial aviation when Delta relocates from Terminals 5 and 6 to Terminals 2 and 3 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in May [...] The move, scheduled to start on May 12, will impact 21 airlines during a one-week period [...] The relocation will begin the night of May 12 and will continue with additional overnight moves on May 14 and May 16, with a scheduled completion of May 17.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:22 pm

This confirms what I was told by VX .
Am traveling VX out of LAX on May 17th. Interesting to see what happens with lounge at T-6. Paid F on VX.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by pcoll
This confirms what I was told by VX .
Am traveling VX out of LAX on May 17th. Interesting to see what happens with lounge at T-6. Paid F on VX.
Simply my guess ...but...
VX paid F "sometimes" allowed entry into the VX Loft. AS paid F also allowed entry to AS Lounges. I'd expect no changes.

But I'm VX Gold. This alone granted me access to VX Loft, thus my "sometimes" comment above as I really don't know the VX requirements for "paid F" entry other than I think it doe have a "length of flight" requirement (as in: LAX to SFO paid F doesn't qualify).

My VX Gold mapped to AS Gold. But AS Gold alone does not grant access to the AS Lounge.
So my question is ... as VX Gold, on a VX flight LAX to SEA, do I have lounge access to the (AS) lounge as I would've had to the (VX) lounge once the terminal switch has happened. DL is driving the switch, so why would I as a VX passenger loose access ?? It gets really messy if the following week I book AS LAX-SEA, why should that be any different ? I'm sure the AS Golds can give me very good reasons

Bottom line is that I think AS is being a little slow in aligning FF benefits between the 2 programs. This is usually the easiest and first "combination" done in past airlines mergers.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
AS has way too many Golds to let Golds into Lounges for free. So no, I wouldn't expect that.

I do expect that paid VX F tickets will be granted admission as that is a continuation of existing AS policy.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
AS has way too many Golds to let Golds into Lounges for free. So no, I wouldn't expect that.

I do expect that paid VX F tickets will be granted admission as that is a continuation of existing AS policy.
AS already lets in everyone and their stepmother through Priority Pass, so it's not like they've been trying to limit exclusivity. I'd be very surprised if they don't let in VX Golds; I also don't know why it would matter, since my VX Gold was matched to AS MVP 75K which I assume would get me access anyway (true, or only if flying AS?).
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by shza
AS already lets in everyone and their stepmother through Priority Pass
Ahem.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...b-c-space.html

I also don't know why it would matter, since my VX Gold was matched to AS MVP 75K which I assume would get me access anyway (true, or only if flying AS?).
No. You assume incorrectly. You don't get a free Alaska Lounge membership as part of 75K.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-gold-75k.aspx

• Discounted Alaska Lounge membership
  • Four complimentary Alaska Lounge day passes, available in My account
I seriously doubt that AS is going to comp AS lounge access to VX elites and not AS elites, and they don't comp lounge memberships to AS elites. It would overcrowd the Alaska Lounge at LAX very badly to let in all the VX Golds (and AS's arrangement at SFO with CX and AA is AL members only).

VX didn't sell memberships, which is the big difference here. My guess is once the Loft goes bye-bye, you get your comp passes every year and that's it.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 22, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
My guess is once the Loft goes bye-bye, you get your comp passes every year and that's it.
Agreed.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
VX didn't sell memberships, which is the big difference here.
Ah, got it. Makes sense.

Oh well. AmEx is supposed to be opening a Centurion Lounge between T6 & T7 soon anyway, which will obviously be considerably nicer than BR.

And the PP turndown thread does make it seem like that's a relatively rare occurrence, in any event.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:44 pm

Oh well. AmEx is supposed to be opening a Centurion Lounge between T6 & T7 soon anyway, which will obviously be considerably nicer than BR.
Source? Rumors have been floating around at AMEX forum (and elsewhere on internet) but not substantiated.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by radiowell
Source? Rumors have been floating around at AMEX forum (and elsewhere on internet) but not substantiated.
LAX Terminal Operations Center newsletter (circa 10/2015).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.