Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Terminal move

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
the AS-LAX lounge can get busy at times, but with AA out of T6 it should be a lot quieter. When AA was pushing Eagle out of there + their 4 gates it got pretty bad - to the point the only open seat was in the mens bathroom :P
With only two stalls, I doubt even that. :P
Old May 21, 2017, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by FluxTZ
I totally understand they have an existing look and feel but, as a VX flier, it feels really old. However, customer service was great, as they're known for.
The old TWA dba AS dba VX lounge in T3 was much older AFAIK

And AS did just redo the lounge a few years back... in a PNW type of theme.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by beckoa
The old TWA dba AS dba VX lounge in T3 was much older AFAIK

And AS did just redo the lounge a few years back... in a PNW type of theme.
Correct, it definitely has a PNW feel but even though the VX lounge in T3 was older, it still felt young. The heavy marble and large furniture in the AS lounge just feels dated, even though it's only a few years old.

All I was referencing here is they could have had the same look with furniture that visually looked lighter weight while still maintaining a PNW feel.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by FluxTZ
Correct, it definitely has a PNW feel but even though the VX lounge in T3 was older, it still felt young. The heavy marble and large furniture in the AS lounge just feels dated, even though it's only a few years old.

All I was referencing here is they could have had the same look with furniture that visually looked lighter weight while still maintaining a PNW feel.
It's kind of funny that the LAX lounge has that dated feel. I was in the Seattle N Satellite Alaska Lounge recently and for a small lounge liked the design style. Between the wood accents, furniture, and clear glass waterfall feature it shows quite nice. It is more modern than the LAX or Seattle C/D main lounges. The bar looks great, and a pic of it is used on the VX website as a "head shot" for the Alaska lounges. It wouldn't be bad if the other lounges followed this design style.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
It's kind of funny that the LAX lounge has that dated feel. I was in the Seattle N Satellite Alaska Lounge recently and for a small lounge liked the design style. Between the wood accents, furniture, and clear glass waterfall feature it shows quite nice. It is more modern than the LAX or Seattle C/D main lounges. The bar looks great, and a pic of it is used on the VX website as a "head shot" for the Alaska lounges. It wouldn't be bad if the other lounges followed this design style.
This is the newest lounge in AS' system.

We'll find out in about a month what AS is doing, as AS is opening a new lounge:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...confirmed.html
Old May 26, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
beckoa - thanks for the link. The one picture that is sighted from the airport signage looks promising.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by urww
Boraxo, I don't have UA club membership. I used a One-Day pass. Everything went smooth with no question asked. An agent just scanned a day pass and my VX bp.
Funny I did almost the same thing earlier this week and it took 5+ minutes for the UC fossil to figure out how to enter my info into the system. Admittedly I had a WN BP and an actual UC membership and not a day pass, but still a big waste of time. If I had realized it would take that long I would just have gone to the bar and returned later for my items.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.