Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

More expensive at the group desk then online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

I had a group reservation on hold for 10 people from DAL to DCA for $251.00 round trip. I needed an additional seat so now 11 people. The website says its available for the original $251 but the group desk wants $300 to add the seat.

Why is the rate quoted higher than the original quote and whats available online?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:09 am

Different fare rules????
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Completely different fare rules. Unless there has been a change Group fares do not need to be paid entirely upfront, have flexible name change rules and include one bag free.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
I didn't think about that however I have not been able to find the info about the free bag on the website. Would be nice if there was a way to get all 10 or 11 onto 1 reservation via the website and not thru the group desk.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
I didn't think about that however I have not been able to find the info about the free bag on the website. Would be nice if there was a way to get all 10 or 11 onto 1 reservation via the website and not thru the group desk.
You would get the full details from the group reservations department.

The problem with using the website with a group that big is it bumps every single person in the group to a higher fare bucket. Id say just be happy they aren't bumping up the rate for everyone else in the party under the group rate. Plus booking online, you lose all the benefits of the group reservation such as adding, removing travelers, name changes etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.