Wiki Posts
Search

VX A321 Seats Loaded

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat-2MM, Marriott Plat, former VX Gold forever
VX A321 Seats Loaded

Due to a schedule change I was checking my June SFO-DCA-SFO and noticed my seats have been changed (from row 4 to row 6). When I brought up the seat map to change them back, the page displayed was very different. After a few seconds I realized this was for an A321!
Some Observations:
FC is only 8 seats. No mint-like cabin here and a small number of seats relative to the overall size of the aircraft.
MCS is the 3 rows right behind FC. Exit rows (8 & 21) aren’t marked MCS and I was able to grab row 8 for my partner with no status.
Exit rows are a little different than I’ve seen on other A321s. In row 8 the aisle seat (8D) is missing rather than the window seat (8F). At the rear exits the window seat is missing on both sides, but in different rows (20F & 21A).
Total number of seats is 185, which is in line with AA (187) and DL (192) but they both have larger FC cabins.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by mmaster737
Due to a schedule change I was checking my June SFO-DCA-SFO and noticed my seats have been changed (from row 4 to row 6). When I brought up the seat map to change them back, the page displayed was very different. After a few seconds I realized this was for an A321!
Some Observations:
FC is only 8 seats. No mint-like cabin here and a small number of seats relative to the overall size of the aircraft.
MCS is the 3 rows right behind FC. Exit rows (8 & 21) aren’t marked MCS and I was able to grab row 8 for my partner with no status.
Exit rows are a little different than I’ve seen on other A321s. In row 8 the aisle seat (8D) is missing rather than the window seat (8F). At the rear exits the window seat is missing on both sides, but in different rows (20F & 21A).
Total number of seats is 185, which is in line with AA (187) and DL (192) but they both have larger FC cabins.
They didn't happen to stick an extra lav in the front of the main cabin like JetBlue does, did they?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shza
They didn't happen to stick an extra lav in the front of the main cabin like JetBlue does, did they?
It sure doesn't look like they did that.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by mmaster737
Exit rows are a little different than I’ve seen on other A321s. In row 8 the aisle seat (8D) is missing rather than the window seat (8F).
It may be a mistake - WOWAir apparently had the same issue when their A321s started service. Those who had the window seat (F) had their seats moved closer to check-in.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by shza
Only the Mint A321s have the lav in the front of the main cabin. B6's regular A321s have three lavs in the back. AA and DL have one lav midcabin, near the emergency exit, and two in the rear.

From a service and maintenance perspective, it's cheaper to locate all three together.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
The only complaint I have about the VX Airbus configurations was they need one more lav in Y to prevent the rush to get to the on lav in F. I know #firstworldproblem
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:53 am

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/n...html?ana=yahoo

enjoy the spacious layout while you can, because the A321 won't be around that long.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

One step closer to home today:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N921VA
Old May 24, 2017, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by tphuang
enjoy the spacious layout while you can, because the A321 won't be around that long.
The leases run for several years. AS has said it will operate Airbus aircraft until at least 2024.
Old May 31, 2017, 8:23 am

You dont want row 9 aisle .....

Old May 31, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by virgindcasfo
Looks like you're first on.
Old May 31, 2017, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virgindcasfo

Any special celebration/swag?

Last edited by mmaster737; May 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm Reason: Missing word fixed
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:15 pm

What is that thing in 8D ? The seat map on VX website just shows it as empty area with no seat - SeatGuru shows something there and this photo shows something there. Is it easy to get past it if we were to take 8E and 8F ?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flightfulbird
What is that thing in 8D ? The seat map on VX website just shows it as empty area with no seat - SeatGuru shows something there and this photo shows something there. Is it easy to get past it if we were to take 8E and 8F ?
It's the jump seat for a crew member to sit in. Be easy to get past and will usually be vacant for most of the flight.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by chistery
It's the jump seat for a crew member to sit in. Be easy to get past and will usually be vacant for most of the flight.
Thanks chistery ! We were on an A321 on VX for LAX---> HNL and had seats 8A and 8B - we thought about switching across the aisle to 8E and 8F but didn't because we weren't sure what was in D - then by the time I saw your answer those two seats were gone. We are back home now and yeah, the jumpseat was empty for quite a bit of time.

For anyone interested in exit row 8 on this aircraft, the legroom in row 8 is amazing and the under seat storage area is massive - but if you want to see out of the window, be aware that there is only a very small round hole for a window and that it is situated fairly high on the exit door.

If we hadn't lived in Honolulu before and hadn't flown in and out of HNL too many times to count, I would have been so bummed to not be able to see out. Actually I was bummed anyway. You can see straight out - but not down - and that's only assuming you can sit forward enough in your seat to get to the window. It would be perfect window seat for a redeye - but definitely not if looking out during flight and takeoff/ landing is as enjoyable to you as it is to me !

Interestingly, SeatGuru said nothing about the size (almost nonexistent) of the window in that row - because I would've traded the legroom for a normal window in a second.

Last edited by flightfulbird; Dec 31, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.