Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Is It Possible to Change FF Number on VX Reservation?

Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

On a VX reservation, can I change my Elevate number to my Mileage Plan number? If yes, how? Website...Agent...Phone?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:21 pm

You have to call (VX) and have them change it. I would also suggest checking that your MP# is there when checking in as one time it reverted back to my Elevate number and I had to call again (first agent that did the change apparently didn't save it). I now just call right before I'm about to check in and it's been working fine (with miles posting to Alaska with no issues).
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Can a VX GA also change it?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:34 am

You can add it through the app, and both will be in the reservation. Then you'll have to call or tweet to request they remove/erase the Elevate number.

I've also done at check-in, but the agent had to call somebody to figure out how to do it.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:50 pm

Just flew Virgin yesterday. When I checked in, it changed to my Elevate number. Manually changed it to Mileage Plan again, it took, then when i got to the airport, noticed it was Elevate again.

Asked the gate guy what was going on. When he pulled up my ticket it was showing both my Elevate and Mileage Plan numbers. He showed me the screen. Odd, no?

He wasn't sure what to do, so suggested i leave it and call later if the miles don't credit properly.

My GF has flew with me. She doesn't have a Elevate account. No changes happened to her reservation.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS
Changed VX flight to later day ,due to weather in SEA.
Original had AS mileage plan number. New reservation now has Elevate number.
Phone lines are crazy tonight , again due to the weather here.
May just wait until airport check in to get AS # back on PNR. (Keeping fingers crossed that this works)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
You can add it through the app, and both will be in the reservation. Then you'll have to call or tweet to request they remove/erase the Elevate number.
Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Note that if you have VX status, you will lose all VX elite benefits if you use an AS # instead of your Elevate #.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by shza
Note that if you have VX status, you will lose all VX elite benefits if you use an AS # instead of your Elevate #.
Yesterday for the first time I got "Priority" using my AS MVP75K information while flying VX.

Not sure if fluke or if they have updated systems.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:53 pm

Just tried to change FF numbers on our flight before checking in tonight.
VX put our Elevate # in and we want AS # mileage plan numbers. Went to VX app and was able to change husbands to AS #but , when I enter my AS #, it gives me an error message.
So, now I have to call.....might as well do it at check in window
Fully expect to find mix up again at airport tomorrow and have them change it again.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Yesterday for the first time I got "Priority" using my AS MVP75K information while flying VX.

Did you also get free checked luggage, upgrade from MC to MCS and the opportunity to upgrade to F at T-24? Those are the benefits AS has said you won't get without an elite VX elevate #, so curious to see how much of a fluke/change this was.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shza
so curious to see how much of a fluke/change this was.
No "fluke." AS elites receive priority check-in and boarding when flying on VX.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by dayone
No "fluke." AS elites receive priority check-in and boarding when flying on VX.
This wasn't the case when I flew with them January 21st.

No upgrades or free luggage, then or this week.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:34 am

This wasn't the case when I flew with them January 21st.

No upgrades or free luggage, then or this week.
As already posted...priority check in and boarding..nothing more, at least for now.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:39 am

Follow up on FF# not showing on PNR. When checking in at airport, my AS # still did not not show on BP. Asked agent if it was attached to reservation, answer was yes.
Concerned flight would credit correctly.....took a week but, no problems. Correct mileage with COS bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.