Booking SQ through VA Elevate

Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Booking SQ through VA Elevate

Hi, I am trying to book SQ, just 1 seat using Elevate points. The phone agents seem to be having a really hard time finding availability. They look up and down from the dates of my ideal travel date, but nothing seems available.

What's weird is if I look using the following method:
1. SQ's own website, OR
2. KVS tool - AC method and ANA method
3. ExpertFlyer

the saver level seats appear.

So availability at the saver level does not seem to be accessible to Elevate program. I booked them before using Elevate, and the process was so seamless before. I saw the seats, agent saw the same thing, seats booked and then we're done. Now, it's like pulling teeth.

It's attractive for me since I have some Elevate points - and SIN-CGK or SIN-SUB only takes close to 4K one-way. Other programs want more.

My question is - or rather observation (?) - availability at the saver level at the 'parent' airline does not always visible to partners? Is that consistent across the board, across all alliances? Or is it just that VA Elevate has a limited access?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:55 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by r0m8470
I am trying to book SQ, just 1 seat using Elevate points. The phone agents seem to be having a really hard time finding availability. They look up and down from the dates of my ideal travel date, but nothing seems available.

What's weird is if I look using the following method:
1. SQ's own website, OR
2. KVS tool - AC method and ANA method
Originally Posted by r0m8470
So availability at the saver level does not seem to be accessible to Elevate program.
If the Award Seats are shown via the KVS Tool, they are available for partner redemption.

For tips on dealing with VX Agents, who may claim otherwise, please see Q32 in the FAQ section of the KVS Tool User Guide.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

They can't even do long-sell. It's frustrating.

Partner space is available, clearly on KVS, ANA, Aeroplan, but Virgin America cannot see them. All phone agents that I spoke with (multiple) confirmed that they have not been able to view space on SQ since mid last year.

Frustrating. I mean, it's just a short intra SE-Asia route, but still. If the partnership is not good anymore, just take it off the site and be done with it.

Sorry, just ranting .... Moving on ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.