Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

availability of award redemption for LAX to Syd

Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:07 am
Original Poster

I have a Virgin America account. I am thinking of transferring points to VA so i can book a round trip for Virgin Austrailia LAX to Brisbane/Sydney on Biz class award.

What is availability like?

Delta not a good website to check. What website can I use?

How far advance should I book?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA GOLD
I don't think that one books these awards by transferring. Instead you call Virgin America to book the VA flights. I'd suggest setting up a Virgin Australia Velocity Rewards account and checking availability of saver (is that what they call it? I don't remember) awards there. When you have a flight you like, call VX to book.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:49 pm

What bspahn said won't work for checking availability. You need to use delta.com to see partner reward availability.

Also - fyi - the availability is VERY limited. I've only had success in finding business class very last minute. The person at the burn desk said it was their first successful business class booking on VA.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

thanks very much for information
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Check out the thread below. Typically 72hrs prior to departure Virgin Australia releases seats. Setup ExpertFlyer alerts to get alerted when they release the seats (Z class)...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...artners-7.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.