Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Main Cabin Select (Exit Row) Perks when Booked on Main Cabin Only

Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle

We're flying JFK-LAX later today. Booked Economy via Virgin Atlantic award. That said, our confirmed seats will be in Row 8 (Main Cabin Select Exit Row). We did not purchase these, however, and our cabin is still designated as "Main Cabin."

In practice, what perks, if any, can we expect? I'd assume we may not get priority security (though possibly can get priority boarding), but do we get free food and premium entertainment by virtue of sitting in Row 8? Or, because we have a regular economy/main cabin ticket, will we not get any of the perks?

I ask in part because if we can reasonably expect not to get any perks, I may try to change our seats to avoid the lack of recline that Seatguru says row 8 features. Otherwise, we will absolutely keep the seats if there is any chance we might receive some perks.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Row 8 as MCS is only on A319 planes and all I see is A320s this afternoon from JFK to LAX. You are likely in regular economy.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Row 8 as MCS is only on A319 planes and all I see is A320s this afternoon from JFK to LAX. You are likely in regular economy.
Thanks. It's confusing, as their website lists it as MCS exit row. I'm seeing the same as you.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I think you're confusing "exit row" with "MCS".
That's not how it works. The bulkhead row and one row of "exit" is designated MCS.
On the A320, where there are 2 exit rows, the non-reclining row is NOT classified as MCS (as you note, not reclining would remove some of the "premium" aspect of the row).
It seems as if you're in an "MC" ...Main Cabin (normal economy) seat as booked, not MCS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.