Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Club at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
As I don't have AA lounge privileges, if I've got time (and I've got precheck), I head over to the AX lounge in T3.
I haven't visited either the SFO Centurion lounge or the new Delta Sky Club, both of which I read are very nice lounges. They're on my list if I can make the time.

It's been years but the VS Lounge in the international terminal is great and as VX gold it's also on my list. Just not sure of what the costs for VS lounge are when flying VX as gold.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
I haven't visited either the SFO Centurion lounge or the new Delta Sky Club, both of which I read are very nice lounges. They're on my list if I can make the time.

It's been years but the VS Lounge in the international terminal is great and as VX gold it's also on my list. Just not sure of what the costs for VS lounge are when flying VX as gold.
You don't get any discount for being Gold. $40 for anyone flying VX during hours when the VS lounge is open.

The Centurion lounge is nice -- good food, good wine, great bartender. But it gets extremely crowded. I still use it any time I'm stuck flying UA, but I wouldn't intentionally arrive early at SFO and double up on security if I was flying out of T2.

The Delta lounge (to which you also get access through AmEx platinum or Centurion if you're flying any Delta flight) is very nice -- large, clean, pretty. But it is still a domestic lounge, in terms of limited food and drink, no free booze.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by shza
The Delta lounge (to which you also get access through AmEx platinum or Centurion if you're flying any Delta flight) is very nice -- large, clean, pretty. But it is still a domestic lounge, in terms of limited food and drink, no free booze.
Incorrect. There is free booze. There is not free quality booze. That is "pay per," even if on an international premium itinerary.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Incorrect. There is free booze. There is not free quality booze. That is "pay per," even if on an international premium itinerary.
Touche - I must have missed the low-end free booze. In any event, the food/beverage for offer there is not comparable to Centurion (or even to the big Delta lounge at JFK), and the space itself is not quite as nice as Centurion (no beautiful stained walnut, etc.), but it's considerably nicer than the average domestic airline lounge, and it is considerably less crowded than Centurion.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by shza
Touche - I must have missed the low-end free booze. In any event, the food/beverage for offer there is not comparable to Centurion (or even to the big Delta lounge at JFK), and the space itself is not quite as nice as Centurion (no beautiful stained walnut, etc.), but it's considerably nicer than the average domestic airline lounge, and it is considerably less crowded than Centurion.
And it also happens to be located behind the same security checkpoint as VX.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:46 pm
dannygray

Slightly random question... Has anyone flying on Virgin Atlantic outside of Upper Class (and not VS Gold/Delta equivalent) been able to use their VX Elevate membership to pay for access?

To access the Club House as a Virgin America Elevate member, it appears that you have to be booked on a VX flight within 90 minutes of the Club House operating hours.

Would appear not to be possible based on this but unsure how strict they are.

Old May 10, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dannygray
Slightly random question... Has anyone flying on Virgin Atlantic outside of Upper Class (and not VS Gold/Delta equivalent) been able to use their VX Elevate membership to pay for access?

To access the Club House as a Virgin America Elevate member, it appears that you have to be booked on a VX flight within 90 minutes of the Club House operating hours.

Would appear not to be possible based on this but unsure how strict they are.
I recently purchased the $40 VX pass for the SFO Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, and enjoyed the visit. On OLCI the option wasn't given to me, but I knew the club was open. Called the VX GOLD line and they fixed the issue. I purchase the pass over the phone and then it was available online to print when I checked in.

Normally I wouldn't pay $40 for a club, but had a very long layover and it worked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.