JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
My points posted 6 days after my roundtrip flight (same day turnaround). The only issue now it that it shows a 50,000 points bonus instead of the 75,000 points bonus. I had 70,000+ Virgin points in my account when I submitted my points match. We'll see what JetBlue can do to fix it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:51 pm

I flew ORD->JFK->ORD last week on the same day.

Today, the points from JFK->ORD are posted but no sign of the outbound flight (ORD->JFK).

Is this normal? I find it weird that points from the later flight are posted first.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by godsquare
I flew ORD->JFK->ORD last week on the same day.

Today, the points from JFK->ORD are posted but no sign of the outbound flight (ORD->JFK).

Is this normal? I find it weird that points from the later flight are posted first.
same here... I flew LGB-LAS/LAS-SFO last wednesday...today points for LAS-SFO posted after 6 days..waiting for LGB-LAS to post
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:42 pm

If I book a flight on 8/31 that should still qualify, correct?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I'm about to board my second (of two) JetBlah flights in line with this promo. Wound up with a back-of-plane Middle Class seat (17E, I believe). Not lying, absent another juicy promo it will be a cold day in hell before I even consider them again. I'm no longer a B6 virgin, but I feel like I decidedly ended up playing bottom for my first time. I think I'm going to happily be a B6 ace going forward (notwithstanding the Mint situation).

(To be fair, paying $117 for the ticket is a decent price given that I bought it about 25 hours out, but it still feels like a crappy deal all things considered, and the idea of paying $40-50 for a [nominally, as it's still 3-3 on an A320] better seat which got dished above doesn't feel like much of an improvement. Basically, they have a product which works for something like BOS-LGA but which does not translate well into ORD-JFK and which really only worked MCO-RIC because of an equipment swap.)
You paid $117 for a seat a day before to takeoff and got a middle seat in the back of the plane. What did you expect? If not you, a passenger who paid a pretty low fare at the last minute, shouldn't sit in the middle seat, who else should?

I suspect your experience would cost more and be less pleasant in the vast majority of comparable scenarios.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
My points posted 6 days after my roundtrip flight (same day turnaround). The only issue now it that it shows a 50,000 points bonus instead of the 75,000 points bonus. I had 70,000+ Virgin points in my account when I submitted my points match. We'll see what JetBlue can do to fix it.
Same thing happened to me. Called Jetblue and they verified the points that was in the original email and credited me the 25k. This was a couple weeks ago.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
@ralphs:
Cost more, sure; be less pleasant? Arguable, though when I compared prices over the weekend, IIRC F on DL CHI-DCA/BWI (with a connection) plus Amtrak WAS-RVR was only slightly more expensive than B6 lowest-price coach (but cheaper than EMS; I forget where the middle-priced coach ticket came into play).

Just running the numbers for the same day next week (Tuesday) in an attempt to recreate what I pulled together over the weekend, DL F CHI-WAS is (generally) $273 to BWI and $316 to DCA. This is about what popped on Saturday evening when I checked fares (further delays were down to hand-wringing to put the non-B6 legs together as well as antics on the map). By comparison, the equivalent B6 fares start at $248 (cheapest)/$280 (intermediate) and involve going into IAD (which I abhor due to trouble getting downtown). BWI is $276/309, while DCA is far more expensive than either of the other two ($385/417). Throwing EMS into the picture adds another $65 (so $313 to IAD, $341 BWI, or $450 [!] DCA).

Bottom line? Yeah, I got a cheap fare and the OBS was only a hair less than what I'm used to on an equivalent DL flight in F (basically, no free booze), but aside from getting lucky on a low fare (which I won't begrudge them) it involved a bit more in terms of acrobatics in New York than I'd like and had I not been futzing with this promo I'd have opted for what I feel would have been a perfectly reasonable deal on DL. Depending on the circumstances there's a good chance I could've gotten an included lunch from DL in the process (presuming CHI-MSP-WAS was an option, since MSP-WAS triggers a meal) and I would've had greater schedule flexibility...

...and of course, shifting to a theoretical VX-relevant route, I would have happily paid for VX F CHI-WAS/NYC (presuming it wasn't a refundable fare or somesuch). Presuming similar pricing to an equivalent VX routing, I'd probably have gone for Mint (and the sheer number of empty seats in EMS is nigh-on farcical) but that's basically a Transcon-only product.

Basically, B6 offers a cheap option; from what I can tell, outside of some rather odd cases (the ORD-JFK flight(s) feel like revenue management got a fire under them at the last minute) the value is middling. Arguably there are two B6s: A short-hop airline running an extended NEC shuttle (which seems to be going for the jugular on pricing) and a long-haul airline fighting in premium markets as well. The latter seems impressive, but the fact that the former really doesn't even have 3-2 or 2-2 seating (which would have gotten me to cough up some cash, as might a guarantee of not having three folks in my row) means that when offered the choice between B6's "let's play games with fees!" approach and the VX option of purchasing a beautifully solid premium product in every market I'd choose VX any day of the week. B6 more or less flounders because it's the "worst of all worlds" in certain respects.

(N.B. It's also cheaper just to pay the first-checked-bag fee of $20 than it is to pay for the "upgraded" fare which includes the checked bag if you're connecting.)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by Joker0874
Same thing happened to me. Called Jetblue and they verified the points that was in the original email and credited me the 25k. This was a couple weeks ago.
A phone call this morning worked. Instantly adjusted my point balance.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by techoin
same here... I flew LGB-LAS/LAS-SFO last wednesday...today points for LAS-SFO posted after 6 days..waiting for LGB-LAS to post
Points from my outbound flight along with the bonus were posted to my account last night.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Just running the numbers for the same day next week (Tuesday) in an attempt to recreate what I pulled together over the weekend

<snip>

Bottom line? Yeah, I got a cheap fare and the OBS was only a hair less than what I'm used to on an equivalent DL flight in F (basically, no free booze)
Your wall of text essentially says that because it didn't work for you for one route, it's complete sh*t. Try seeing what day-before F fares are on nonstop flights compared to B6's Y fare. At that point, one compares Y to Y, and B6 blows them away, especially on the A320s.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Basically, three responses:
(1) Non-stop versus dealing with a connection is a non-issue for me as a rule (heck, as it was I dealt with a connection, albeit not a plane-to-plane one). If anything, my behavior has been to prefer arcane connections (e.g. DCA-SLC-DSM) for purposes of non-domestic airline crediting (both in terms of mileage and segment counts).

(2) I've booked-and-flown three segments in Y over the last few years. Two were on B6, one was a short-hop connection on DL where I got an automatic exit row seat gratis since I was in F on the next flight. Every leg on VX has been in F, every other leg on DL has been at least booked in F (one wound up in Y+ due to an issue with being asked to swap flights). Y is just something I generally don't do, so the bottom line is going to be that a Y-only carrier (which is one large chunk of B6) is not for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't need a lie-flat seat on a 90-minute flight...but I really do like 2-2/2-1 seating (aircraft-dependent) versus 3-3 as well as not having to play games with "what is bundled and what is not" [1] in terms of baggage and so on. If anything, my experience has taught me that I'd rather shoot myself than fly economy for any substantial-length trip.

(3) It didn't work for me on this trip (which was kludged to try and knock out the promo above all else). It only worked on the previous one (sort-of) because of an equipment swap which meant that I had a lot of room (and two tray tables, so I could work on my laptop on one and set my drink on the other) but I treat that as an accident.

[1] This is a broader issue with the airline industry...and is also a not-insignificant part of why I just don't touch Y. By way of an explanation, I was booking a ticket for a friend on AA a few weeks back. Said friend has a body form which does not play well with baseline Y (very long legs combined with mounting knee issues) and so needs the extra legroom. He was giving me a hard time for booking him in F until I pointed out that the difference between F and extra-legroom Y was $25 and got him breakfast and booze if he wanted them (as well as checked luggage if it became necessary). He promptly facepalmed at how much the airline industry had changed since he'd had to book his own ticket last.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by godsquare
Points from my outbound flight along with the bonus were posted to my account last night.
great..I am still waiting for mine..hope they show up tomorrow
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
75K points showed up; took about 6 days for flights to show up (though can't figure out what timezone Jetblue is operating on, since points would post middle of the day EST). Points showed up after second flight posted.

I was a little concerned since I didn't auto-receive the "Its a match!" email, until I contacted JetBlue via email after July 4th, and then received the "Its a match!" email in return.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Points for my outbound showed up six days after that leg; points for my return plus 75k bonus points showed up eight days after that leg.

Having status-matched to Mosaic before doing this, and having flown Mint back, the grand total for one RT was 85,154 points. Not bad.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:39 pm

One incidental note: For arcane reasons I seem to wind up traveling on Tuesdays an unusual amount, and tix for F on DL next Tuesday CHI-WAS are holding at $273/316 (depending on chosen airport).

Edit: Saturday was holding at the same rates, while Sunday was far more expensive.

Last edited by GrayAnderson; Aug 27, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.