Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Elevate Status on Delta flight operated by Virgin Atlantic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elevate Status on Delta flight operated by Virgin Atlantic?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Question Elevate Status on Delta flight operated by Virgin Atlantic?

Hi everyone,

First post... be kind

I have VA Elevate Gold status. Gold status gives you some benefits to the other 2 Virgin brands (Atlantic, Australia). If I book a Virgin Atlantic flight through Delta (book through Delta's website, operated by Virgin Atlantic, will I still receive my Elevate Gold benefits? When I go through the check-out on the Delta site, there is no space for my Elevate Gold number, since VA and Delta are not partners. Would I have to book via Delta, then get in contact with Virgin Atlantic to have my Gold# added to the itinerary?

Thoughts?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

smathew4 Welcome to FT
So you have status on Virgin America VX?
Virgin Australia is VA and Virgin Altantic is VS

If VX & DL are not partners I would not be expecting any benefits (I have not checked the web sites). Hence no place to at add a VX freq flyer number on DL.
http://www.wheretocredit.com/virgin-atlantic. But this shows VS & DL are partners.
http://www.wheretocredit.com/virgin-america

Who sells the ticket generally does not matter. Just the marketing carrier (flight number) and operating carrier.

Flying a flight marked by one airline (flight number), operated by a second airline (codeshare) and crediting the frequent flyer miles to a third airlines ffp is always problematic. Usually only works if all three are in the same alliance (Oneworld - Star - Skyteam) or specific provision in the ff program rules. e.g AA miles or BA avios on QF marketed flight operated by EK.

Edit:
I will ask a moderator to move to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...a-elevate-642/

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jun 9, 2016 at 3:38 pm
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk smathew4.

We'll move your post to the (for now) VX forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:59 pm

Not familiar with DL bookings but does it give you a confirmation code for VS (Virgin Atlantic)? You can use that code to login to the VA website and update with your VX (Virgin America) FF number.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:54 pm

Since VX and DL have no relationship, I wouldn't count on it.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: VX Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
The benefits are priority checkin, priority security, and priority boarding.

Make sure to bring your VX Gold card. This alone will get you into a premium checkin line for Virgin Atlantic. Then make sure to show them your Gold card and they will likely give you the benefits "manually", either in the form of a stamp or sticker (depending on the airport). If it's VS-operated and you check in with a VS agent, I doubt they'll even care.

While adding your Elevate number to your VS booking may or may not result in points being awarded, it definitely does not result in status benefits transferring. Its something that always has to be done 'manually' in-person at check-in.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:13 am

I've never flown VA/VS before with VX status. There's no system integration in status levels between VA/VX/VS? I'm flying VA (with VX Gold) in a few weeks so it would be good to know.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
I've never flown VA/VS before with VX status. There's no system integration in status levels between VA/VX/VS? I'm flying VA (with VX Gold) in a few weeks so it would be good to know.
Bring your physical VX Gold card — it'll save a ton of hassle. VA and VS have no way of electronically confirming your VX Gold status via your Elevate number, so having physical proof is a necessity (at least in my experience with both VS and VA). If you can't bring or dont have a physical gold card, make sure you have an electronic one (and optimally also a print out of your gold status).

Originally Posted by vxlax
The benefits are priority checkin, priority security, and priority boarding.

Make sure to bring your VX Gold card. This alone will get you into a premium checkin line for Virgin Atlantic. Then make sure to show them your Gold card and they will likely give you the benefits "manually", either in the form of a stamp or sticker (depending on the airport). If it's VS-operated and you check in with a VS agent, I doubt they'll even care.

While adding your Elevate number to your VS booking may or may not result in points being awarded, it definitely does not result in status benefits transferring. Its something that always has to be done 'manually' in-person at check-in.
Confirming everything this poster said. Entirely true — and I can attest to the fact that showing your VX gold card to VS will enable you to use Gold/UC checkin line and they'll physically stamp your BP to include priority boarding and security when flying Y on VS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.