Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

500 VX points for signing up (or referring friends) to their FF program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Maximum of 2500 points (that's already $55 in airfare...).

You can generate referrals or sign up at flightswithbennies.com (that's my referral link, though I assume if you read this forum you already have an account and will only use it to refer others)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by mk712
Maximum of 2500 points (that's already $55 in airfare...).

You can generate referrals or sign up at flightswithbennies.com (that's my referral link, though I assume if you read this forum you already have an account and will only use it to refer others)
how does this work. I referred a friend. They got an email, but all it did was link to the same site.

My friend wasnt able to indicate that it was ME who did the referral
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:43 am

So all you have to do is to provide your email address? And they'll use your email to find your account to deposit 500 points?

I am a little suspicious about how this works, since it doesn't ask for my Elevate account #, and I don't even have to log in from VX site to do this??
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
It does not work for me at all. I don't get the clickable link for existing members, only the new member is active. I've sent an email to customer service and still waiting to hear. The Facebook rep was not helpful either.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
yes, still didnt work for me.

My friend received the email but nothing that links his Elevate account to mine.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:55 pm

no point. no response

Neither the referer nor refree (made up words!!) got any points.

Virgin America started spamming immediately.

Anyone got response from customer service?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Nope, same for me.... referred 2 friends and none of us got points. But they did start to get marketing emails from VX and they're not very happy with me.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Me too. All of the spam and none of the points. Great way to get me to fly your airline.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:44 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

No friend referral points for me either. I'd say nobody has benefitted from this promo to date. I believe this promo has been extended to May 31, 2016 so it may very well be another few weeks until the points post for everyone.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Apr 16, 2016 at 9:46 am
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
No friend referral points for me either. I'd say nobody has benefitted from this promo to date. I believe this promo has been extended to May 31, 2016 so it may very well be another few weeks until the points post for everyone.

I doubt it, nowhere on the referral for my mom was there a place to enter my VX #
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:40 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I joined and referred one person March 16, and my 1000 points posted April 6.

April 7, I posted my referral link on twitter, and within a day four people clicked on it and signed up. Still waiting for those points. Plus the 250 for entering the Hawaii contest
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:42 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Fwiw, this is the email you recieve when someone signs up through your referral link:

A Friend Just Joined Elevate & You Just Got 500 Bonus Points
Great! Because you set your friend up to join Elevate® with Virgin America, you’ve both earned 500 bonus points. Keep an eye out, they’ll show in your account in 4-6 weeks. Thanks for taking our relationship to the next level. We’ll see you soon
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by caseminole
I doubt it, nowhere on the referral for my mom was there a place to enter my VX #
You simply provide the email addresses for the people you are referring , then when they sign up, it knows you referred them based on their emails address matching the one you referred. Worked for me!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:29 am

Only 2 of my 5 referrals posted as points. Has anyone had success getting points for all 5 referrals?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:27 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I just sent them a polite inquiry about the missing bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.