Wiki Posts
Search

When should carry-over points show up?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
When should carry-over points show up?

I have the silver Elevate Visa Signature CC that is supposed to have the perk of rolling over extra points above highest status level reached to the next year's status count.

I earned a little under 75k status points on VX last year, so in theory, I should be starting 2016 with a little under 25k status points. But it re-set to zero.

For those who have had the carry-over perk in past years, is this temporary such that I should expect those status points to show up shortly; or is this an error that I should call VX about?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Be patient. This should happen in a few days.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Showed up today. Nice to start with 25k+ in the bank.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
My 1700-ish showed up as well (as did the non-Status Points from my SEA-LAX-FLL flights), which should have me around 6500 as of tomorrow.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:49 am

Do you only get the rollover if you're over 50k? I have the $150 card and had ~35k points last year, so shouldn't I start with 15k?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
Do you only get the rollover if you're over 50k? I have the $150 card and had ~35k points last year, so shouldn't I start with 15k?
I think you should, but I haven't been in that situation before.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
You should. This is why, oddly, finishing a year with either 19,XXX points or 49,XXX points can be oddly advantageous (especially the former, since you'll very likely tip over on your next flight).
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:50 am

So I finally got in touch with them wondering why my points didn't rollover. They told me that they decided that even though I only had 31,000 status points to keep me at Gold for 2016 rather than roll over my points. So instead of starting with 11,000 points at Silver I started at 0 with Gold. A fair trade off I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.