Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sfo/ord F fares for April - they're great!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

F fares are back to $439-ish so today I bought 3 tickets for my family trip to Chicago in April. I'm thrilled that I could get all 3 for a good fare - I've complained last year that thanksgiving fares were too high when trying to buy 3 and I assumed that the challenge would continue. I'm quite relieved to have booked this premium F experience for April; one less project to ponder! I absolutely love VX F for sfo/ord compared to ual-aa.
And I flew aa for thanksgiving 2015, and I know that the food isn't supposed to be an important part of the flight. But the aa F meal was just so horrible. It felt like ual International Y cuisine.
That said, SF football legend Jerry Rice was on my thanksgiving flight, and I doubt he would be on VX. It was my pleasure to say "thank you" to a person who entertained me on many Sundays in the 1987-1996 era.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:42 pm
BCH

are they $439-ish each way? Or are you finding them at that rate roundtrip?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry, $439-ish each way, which is cheap F but still great. I say it's great because I buy 3 tickets, and for thanksgiving 2015, I couldn't even find 1 ticket for under $1335 each way. I had feared that VX quit offering 3-4 tickets at this cheap price at a time, and I don't have desire or energy to buy tix individually and then check back later. I just prefer to buy all 3 tix in one single purchase and not have to think about this trip again. Now to research a summer trip :-)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:37 pm

i had the same experience booking two F tickets for mid-september (ORD-SFO) at $429 each. nice to see those fares available if you can plan far enough ahead.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I do wish that VX in Ord offered curbside checkin - it's not always easy to get a porter from VX desk. That's my main concern, aside from also having to take the bags to the X-ray machine when not in F.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:14 pm
BCH

In that case, I see some VX one-ways in F between ORD and SFO even for $385 each way.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just booked my July 4 trip; 3 F tickets. The ord>sfo is $385 F (p), while Y is $295. The sfo>ord is $429 (and I think Y is also $295). This was the same fare pairs for April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.