Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America Digital Gold Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Virgin America Digital Gold Card

I recently took advantage and transferred 80k Membership Rewards points to Virgin Elevate to acquire Gold status on VA.

The main reason that I transferred is because I want a status match with Alaska Airlines. However, one of the requirements for Alaska Status Match is to provide a proof of a GOLD card. Since I live abroad, there is no way for me to provide the physical card, and only the digital card. However, it doesn't seem like the digital card website is functional - http://elevateid.virginamerica.com/index.php

I tried emailing and calling Virgin America Customer Service, both of them told me that there is nothing they can do (they won't even open a ticket to fix the website). is there anything else i can do to receive the Digital Gold Card? Flying back to the US and pick up the physical card (i'm not even sure they send it) doesn't seem like a viable option either.

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Not sure about Alaska, but every other company that I have done a status match was good with a screenshot of my online account as proof of status.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:26 pm

This might be an attractive offer if the Gold Status (with no real flying) would guarantee a status match somewhere else... can anyone confirm?

I would have the physical card.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by bornsubl
This might be an attractive offer if the Gold Status (with no real flying) would guarantee a status match somewhere else... can anyone confirm?

I would have the physical card.
The problem with the physical card is that it is dark gray on black, so it is completely illegible if you try to photocopy or scan it. I explained this to Alaska and sent the digital version -- we'll see what they say.

It's unlikely I'll fly Alaska more than once in the next year, so this is pretty low-stakes for me. I thought I would do this because I have Portland travel coming up, but it turns out that the only airline that flies back to SFO (or OAK) after 7pm is United.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:49 am

After many repeated attempts, I finally got someone at Virgin America to issue me a digital gold card. You just need to be persistent and keep on emailing them.

I asked once mid year and for the past two weeks, I emailed VX twice. Only at my third attempt, someone sent me a link to the Digital Gold card.

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.