Wiki Posts
Search

Question re status point rollover

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Question re status point rollover

I currently have about 75k status points this year. 15k of those are from use of the VX silver credit card. It is unclear to me from the Elevate Terms & Conditions whether just those 15k will roll over and count toward next year's status accrual, or whether I'll start 2016 with all 25k of the overage already counting toward 2017 status. Anyone know? This is more than I've flown VX in any previous year so it's the first time I've encountered this.

The relevant provision in the T&C states:

"If the status Points posted to your Elevate account in any qualification year exceed your earned status threshold, the status Points will be applied to the following year's status qualification." (Emphasis added.)

This is a sub-bullet to a parent bullet about the silver VX card, and comes right after a sub-bullet about the accrual of 5k status points per 10k of spend on that card -- so the interpretive question is whether "the status points" references "the status points earned through Visa spend" or whether it encompasses all status points earned during the qualification year.

Yes, I am a lawyer.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Last year, anything above the required amount to meet your status level rolled over.

I have almost 70k status points and started 2015 with almost 20k.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
ALL status points earned above the annual renewal threshold will rollover, so in your case 50K required for Gold renewal, then you'll start 2016 with 25K status points.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks folks!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
For those that had points beyond the thresholds, have you seen them show up?

I was over 50,000 points on 12/31/2015 and am now showing 0, with none of the extra points showing.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
For those that had points beyond the thresholds, have you seen them show up?

I was over 50,000 points on 12/31/2015 and am now showing 0, with none of the extra points showing.
Same. I posted about this earlier today.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I took a screenshot last night; I'm going to give them a day or two to work through this before I call, but I should have 1170 points roll over. The end-of-year turnover is always a bit spotty, it seems...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.