Virgin America Loft LAX Lounge

Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Silver, AA Nada
Needs work

I am a lowly VX Silver, but have am a big fan of VX, especially flying out of DAL....I almost NEVER have a complaint about the airline. Imagine that!

So I went to the Loft for the first time early last Friday AM and have to give it a 2:5 star rating. As silver I paid $15, but thought that was reasonable to be comfy for an hour, get some work done and grab breakfast. I found the lounge to be comfortable, not luxurious, but comfortable. I snagged one of those walled couch seats overlooking the runway. It was cool. Breakfast options were OK, on par with an old UA RCC. Service was not great, sorta clueless.

However, the kicker is the crappy coffee machine. The thing is stuck in a corner and is slow. At 6am, a bunch of us formed a line to get some much needed caffeine (all of us a bit groggy and ornery). Then, the thing broke down (and was down for the next 90 mins). No Joe for me, nor for the other other guests. There were some pretty pi$$ed off people, including me. It reminded me of the movie "Airplane" when they run out of coffee. Bad situation and I won't be back to the Loft.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by RandyWatson
I am a lowly VX Silver, but have am a big fan of VX, especially flying out of DAL....I almost NEVER have a complaint about the airline. Imagine that!

So I went to the Loft for the first time early last Friday AM and have to give it a 2:5 star rating. As silver I paid $15, but thought that was reasonable to be comfy for an hour, get some work done and grab breakfast. I found the lounge to be comfortable, not luxurious, but comfortable. I snagged one of those walled couch seats overlooking the runway. It was cool. Breakfast options were OK, on par with an old UA RCC. Service was not great, sorta clueless.

However, the kicker is the crappy coffee machine. The thing is stuck in a corner and is slow. At 6am, a bunch of us formed a line to get some much needed caffeine (all of us a bit groggy and ornery). Then, the thing broke down (and was down for the next 90 mins). No Joe for me, nor for the other other guests. There were some pretty pi$$ed off people, including me. It reminded me of the movie "Airplane" when they run out of coffee. Bad situation and I won't be back to the Loft.
Just chalk it up to lousy timing...

It beats the sitting on the floor experience for most people in T-3 at LAX.

The desk folks are definitely VX personnel, the service staff I suspect is on contract or contracted externally.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:07 pm

If I'm using prioritypass does that mean I pay the standard fee for the visit? (My pass I received with my Hilton Honors AMEX, I think its $32 a visit when I use the card?)
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Depends on the type of Priority Pass. I have the one from AMEX Platinum and its no charge for me there. They have even let me bring in a guest when it was quiet for no charge.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Bumping an old thread

But has someone been to this Lounge recently

I'm going this Thursday and was wondering if alcohol like beer and wine are still free

Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:43 pm

Looks like it is still on the house according to https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/da...enu-drinks.pdf

Cocktails and some food is paid for.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca
Looks like it is still on the house according to https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/da...enu-drinks.pdf

Cocktails and some food is paid for.
Yep, that looks right. At least as I recall -- last time I was there was about two months ago.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by acitrano
Yep, that looks right. At least as I recall -- last time I was there was about two months ago.
Yes beer and wine are still free. Shock top, Golden Road, Goose, and one other on tap.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Thx for the replies
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Yep, beer and wine are still free!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
They also recently upgraded to branded craft beer glassware. It's a small change but I'd always prefer to enjoy a beer out of a branded glass than an ordinary beer cup.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Definitely needs a refresh though. Last weekend, I noticed quite of a few of the couches were obviously stained. Still better than the rest of T3 though...
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by esquesk
Definitely needs a refresh though. Last weekend, I noticed quite of a few of the couches were obviously stained. Still better than the rest of T3 though...
Just visited Sunday afternoon (first visit) and noticed the same thing. The original design was/is nice, but the lounge is looking rough and worn. The food was decidedly mediocre and although it's a great place for viewing and working, I won't eat there again until the food is upgraded.

Flying out of SFO we visited the Admiral lounge and was pleasantly surprised what a nice lounge that is.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
What's the current state of the complimentary evening food offerings (as well as the current wine/beer/bubbles selection)?

It has been quite some time since my last visit.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:33 am
Suspended

Red Wine:
White Wine:
Sparkling Wine
: Le Grand Courtâge (same stuff they served in the air a few cycles ago)

Beer:
* Shock Top
* Golden Road
* Goose
* ?

As noted above, the beers are now being served in branded glassware similar to what you'd find at a brewery or upscale bar. Small change but definitley a plus.

I'm forgetting the white wine, red wine, and one of the tap beers. I'll update after I visit on Thursday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.