Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Used points for MCS ticket, can I upgrade to F paying cash?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Just wondering what the policy is on this.... I've purchased a MCS ticket from Newark to San Diego using points and was wondering if (pending upgrade availability) I'll be able to upgrade using cash? Also, since I have a layover in SFO, can I upgrade one leg if the other leg isn't available? Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
You can upgrade a MCS reward to F by paying the prevailing per-segment fee to upgrade at T-6 (or T-12/24 w/ status). There's no way to use cash to upgrade the ticket prior to the checkin window. If I recall correctly, EWR - SFO is $240 from MCS --> F. SFO --> SAN is $70 from MCS --> F.

This isn't as applicable to you as it might be some other person who stumbles upon this forum, but you MC reward redemptions are not eligible for the complementary upgrade to MCS at T-24 (gold) or T-12 (silver). You can, however, pay to upgrade those as well from MC to MCS (or F) if you'd like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.