Wiki Posts
Search

VX Systemwide 8-hr flash sale

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA: Gold, AA: Platinum, SPG: Gold
VX Systemwide 8-hr flash sale

Virgin America has a huge sale to most domestic destinations for the next 8 hours:

https://elevate.virginamerica.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGkfJvatwrDaSJkzemu2z gmza15CpcU3JwyUImS3VXtpKX%3DASCBUY&_ei_=Eg49U7PFPe TFf27LtfEUDbsqE-NuO_qkhs_6wpB778hlwwDemO68aH-xCthVfo7UIvcHos5G4m9bOY9pVjUOPX5DY7lWp-9V3aim88Mvw7wOuwEGdP1dxWuAmoprFdZHpMTMMF_BD6dx2JbS H_t3C6gSkMc.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
you posted a weird URL
Virgin America 8-hour sale
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Plat
Link does not work.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Link does not work.
Just go to www.virginamerica.com. It's not a "secret" link. Still plenty of dates available.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
This is not really a SALE. Prices between Florida and the west coast are almost similar with other airlines.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
When I first received the email from them, I was able to select SFO-CUN-SFO at $58 each leg. Unfortunately, it would reprice 4-5 times that when going to the next step after selecting each leg. Seems like a classic bait and switch tactic.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by blueslip
This is not really a SALE. Prices between Florida and the west coast are almost similar with other airlines.
It is for vx anyway.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by blueslip
agreed, i was hoping for a cheap NYC-SFO but $158 is not what i had in mind as cheap.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Hi mspel- Thanks for bringing this fare sale to everyone's attention and thanks for participating in the Mileage Run forum.

According to our forum guidelines though, these sale fares fall a little short of true Mileage Run material.

I will move your thread to the Virgin America Elevate forum, and you can follow the discussion there. This is already being discussed in another thread in that forum, so this thread may get merged with it.

-18sas
Moderator, Mileage Run forum
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Though the sale is over, it's worth noting that it had some rather tangled T&C attached to it. It was also coach-only (and believe me, I poked around since I've got some F tickets that I could have managed an advantageous rebook on and some other tickets I need to book sometime in the next few months).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.