Wiki Posts
Search

Elevate Gold Welcome Package

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Marriott, Hyatt
Elevate Gold Welcome Package

Was wondering if anyone knows how long after completing an elevate status match/change it takes to receive your welcome package?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:49 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
I'm not sure status match folks get a physical kit. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Definitely spam their help desk with requests about it though... I've sent like 25 emails about getting my Gold kit, which I earned by getting 49xxx status points and then having an agent review and 'manually' place me into Gold because I was so close to 50,000. I finally got it two weeks ago, despite being told repeatedly that it was re-ordered, placed in the mail again, etc. No way did USPS lose the same package over a dozen times... Someone in their Guest Services department was just provides BS responses hoping that it'd arrive eventually... ... which it did, but in mid July after 25+ emails about the matter.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by cyborg
Still using the paper printout of the gold card number. Never received the coupons or whatever they call them.
What exactly do you use the paper printout for? As much as I wanted my physical card (if the numbers of emails I sent requesting it, 25, is any indicator, I must want it badly!), I don't want it because it offers any practical value. I just think it's cool to have, and I really wanted the bag tags.

I can think of almost no benefit that's conferred upon anyone who physically holds their gold card. What is there? All the agents immediately see you are gold the instant they pull up any PNR that's linked to your elevate number. It says ** GOLD ** in big blue caps at the top of every screen. Your boarding pass also says that, which in turn the folks at the LAX Loft use to determine if you have (or had) an annual allotment of free visit passes. If you do, you can use them; if they're used up, they use the fact that you have status to offer you a reduced rate of $20 (gold) or $25 (silver) to get in. But the point is: none of this requires a physical pass, as the free visits to the loft are not tracked using redeemable pieces of paper.

If you're looking for the 25% off promo codes, I think you only get one instead of two as a status-matcher. Maybe you get zero instead. But in any event, you still don't receive these on paper. They're supposed to email them to you as part of your welcome email. If you never got them, VX is very good about being able to provide them again via email. Shoot their gold desk an email about the matter.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Marriott, Hyatt
I agree that it's not very important to receive a plastic card but after successfully completing the status match challenge it would be nice to receive an email confirmation of completing the requirements to maintain the elite status after the initial 90 days.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:48 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by cyborg
To remember my number.

...was mainly interested in the packet for the passes to the LAX lounge they advertised or whatever they said - don't really remember, but whatever...

V/r,

-Cyborg
You don't get anything for the LAX passes...They are just tied to your elevate #. If you go into the lounge with your boarding pass, they'll look it up.

The only value I've seen from the welcome package is in using the plastic card to expedite the process of checking your allowed 3 bags. Although in most cases, the VX staff has never actually seen one of the cards before. The luggage tags are pretty lame...like the quality of one of those store cards you might put on your keychain...I would never put those on my luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.