Wiki Posts
Search

Dumb question about expiring points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
Dumb question about expiring points

Yes, this has to have been answered somewhere. Feel free to reprimand me.

I have 9500 elevate points expiring. Any idea where I can dump them before they're gone. I bet you can transfer into another loyalty program? Redeem for a voucher? Maybe book a hotel? Help!!!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Gold, HHonors Gold
You can only use them to redeem for VX or partner flights. A transaction (earn or redeem) on your account will extend the expiry by 18 months. Purchases through the Elevate Fly Store is the easiest way, but have to allow lead time for them to post to your account.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Gonna purchase 500 points for 26 bucks. much obliged.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
If you live in Austin or Dallas, you could book one of their $19 AUS-DAL flights and earn 40 points. Or you could redeem 186 points for one.

But you likely don't live there and even if you did, you'd have to book tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.