Moving map freezes after a while?

Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Moving map freezes after a while?

Anyone else experience the airplane position on the IFE Journey map freezing after a while? Has happened to me now every time on 5-6 flights. If you change the zoom level you can generally get it to update.

Also never understood why VX doesn't show the ETA on their Airshow. It's the single datapoint pax care most about! If Gogo can do it on the WiFi login page, they should have been able to do it on the map screen, at least...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:10 pm

The map didn't work at all on my last two recent VX flights...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:31 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
If it doesn't work, you can always use the Glympse map. inflight.glympse.com, I think. It's free even if you don't pay for GoGo.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Was pleasantly surprised to see a brand new version of Airshow on my most recent VX flight. It was similar to, and in several ways better than, what you would see on an international flight. Had constantly updated position, ETA and miles to go, with rotating screens cycling through various zoom levels and views.

Did this roll out across the whole fleet, or just some aircraft? I was on an A319 with Gogo, so it's not like this was one of the newer planes with the new Sat WiFi.

Nice job VX ^
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Was pleasantly surprised to see a brand new version of Airshow on my most recent VX flight. It was similar to, and in several ways better than, what you would see on an international flight. Had constantly updated position, ETA and miles to go, with rotating screens cycling through various zoom levels and views.

Did this roll out across the whole fleet, or just some aircraft? I was on an A319 with Gogo, so it's not like this was one of the newer planes with the new Sat WiFi.

Nice job VX ^
Some of the VX aircraft are running Beta versions of the new Red system, which as I understand it are running on Android.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Ironically the map was just about the only thing that was working on my 2 flights over the weekend. On the outbound, my inseat earphone jack was broken so I could see the things on the screen but there was no sound. On the return flight there was no internet, the Red food/beverage system would allow you to order but the messages never got to the flight attendants so they had to ask what was ordered and run back and forth to deliver it, and my screen froze in the middle of a movie and became a blank screen with no picture or sound for the rest of the flight. I asked the flight attendant to reset it but don't know if it was actually done or not. She had her hands full with a very loud drunk guy in F. The map did work though with the new Beta system so at least something was functional.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:33 pm

You can reset the Red system by tapping the four corners. Top left, lower right, top right, lower left.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by xthree
You can reset the Red system by tapping the four corners. Top left, lower right, top right, lower left.
Good to know. Any way to speed to the fast forward function? Even at 4x it took a good half hour to get back to the place in the movie I was at during a previous flight. Then it played for a few minutes and cut out completely to just a blank screen and would not play any movie after that. The previous version of Red was much faster.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.