Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How would you improve First and Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

If you were the CEO of Jetblue what would like to improve about the airline?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:39 am
Original Poster

How would you like to improve Virgin America

If you were the CEO, how would you improve the airline
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Better IT

Originally Posted by britishflyer91
If you were the CEO of Jetblue what would like to improve about the airline?
The website can't handle when there are heavy loads due to inclement weather.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:37 pm

Thank you for starting this thread ! I'll be very curious to see what everyone has to say. I know there are lurkers on here from headquarters, so hopefully you all will be honest and thorough in your suggestions! ^
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Thank you for starting this thread ! I'll be very curious to see what everyone has to say. I know there are lurkers on here from headquarters, so hopefully you all will be honest and thorough in your suggestions! ^
Improve their status match process. The web site says that status match requests will be fulfilled in 7-14 days. There are many FT members, myself included, who've waited much longer and don't get satisfying responses (if any responses at all) from various VA customer service touchpoints.

Everybody pushes me off to another department and says the only way to contact said department is via an email address. None of them have been proactive or offered to take any action.

A little frustrating, considering that the whole reason I'm going through this game is to bring more of my business to the airline.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:28 pm

Allow top-tier Elevate members to roll over Elevate Status Points (not just if you have the credit card), at least for a year. I had 150k status points last year, now lost.

Offer multiple safety videos. The song-and-dance bit is fun for daytime flights but its the last thing you want to hear on a red eye or at 7am.

Fix the website's new glitch where it only shows you refundable first class most of the time.

Train and empower the Gold and Silver phone staff. They seem to be no better trained than the standard phone agents. They should have some training at the needs of top tier travelers (upgrades within the allotted window, 24 hour cancellations, etc). Also empower them to waive fees, given the right circumstances.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Offer multiple safety videos. The song-and-dance bit is fun for daytime flights but its the last thing you want to hear on a red eye or at 7am.
This :-:

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Train and empower the Gold and Silver phone staff. They seem to be no better trained than the standard phone agents. They should have some training at the needs of top tier travelers (upgrades within the allotted window, 24 hour cancellations, etc). Also empower them to waive fees, given the right circumstances.
And THIS! :-:

Far too often, I'll call the Gold desk with a high-frequency-traveler-type request and get put on hold forever while the agent sorts it out and gets supervisor approval. The question is never a matter of if it's approvable -- it's always the agent not knowing or not thinking to ask, and then spending 10 minutes to get a supervisor approval for a fee waiver, when it's a common request of mine that has never been denied.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Deleted because its no longer topically relevant.

Last edited by bayhouse; Feb 28, 2015 at 4:55 am
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Why did you start similar threads on the JetBlue forum and the Virgin America forum? As of now, you are a new user with two posts: asking the same question of VX and B6 fliers.

I don't believe for one second that you joined FT with a genuine question about how to improve these two companies -- there must surely be some ulterior motive. I'm curious what it is. If you're not comfortable sharing it publicly, you can message it to me. If you do, I'll gladly provide you with very detailed points of improvement for both carriers -- I know both very well and can provide a list of 10-15 detailed points of improvement for each.

But unless you do, i can't help but wonder: are you an insider at some awful airline like Frontier or Spirit trying to "learn" the ways of better LCCs? Or some legacy carrier person who just doesn't grasp why UAL or AA is so pathetic? LOL
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SiriusRon
Improve their status match process. The web site says that status match requests will be fulfilled in 7-14 days. There are many FT members, myself included, who've waited much longer and don't get satisfying responses (if any responses at all) from various VA customer service touchpoints.

Everybody pushes me off to another department and says the only way to contact said department is via an email address. None of them have been proactive or offered to take any action.

A little frustrating, considering that the whole reason I'm going through this game is to bring more of my business to the airline.
+1 exactly
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:18 pm

Agree with most/all the above but here's my 2 cents...

#1. I know your website is mobile friendly but I wish VX had a native app that supplied mobile BP's (stored in passbook or whatever). UA has an awesome one and I love them for it (probably the only thing I still love about UA aka CO). Which brings me to #2.

#2. The new website still needs to be refined too as there are constant issues when I book (no matter what computer I use). When I try to change variables (cities, etc), it doesn't display things properly. I tend to see higher rates for NYC-SFO than LGA-SFO. It seems slower than the older website too.

#3. More alliances/partnerships and/or earning status points (maybe with SQ?). Also better redemption rates (and/or earning mile opp) for VX on those airlines. SQ folks get great miles for cheap VX fares but doesn't work the other way around! I know it's a delicate balance and VX doesn't have much leverage (yet)... bleh.

#4. Personally, I wish there was a million miler program.

Overall though, I love the program, the young crew/staff, the nice little touches (such as the cute salt/pepper planes) in F, etc. Every time I fly VX, it's refreshing (even in Y) compared to the legacies (esp UA).
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:40 am
Original Poster

How would you like to improve First class and business class

If you were the CEO how would you improve CX first class and business class.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Hello, I'm sorry for causing hassle, I'm doing an essay regarding analysis of servicescape but more of interest to me is how far low cost airlines and full service airlines can improve their current servicescape further for their passengers. I haven't flown on those carriers before but Virgin America and JetBlue are of interest because they have a different model to what we have over here - Easyjet and Ryanair.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
If I must pick bones...

1. Kiwi drinks available on all flights.
2. Better food (Anything out of HKG need to knock people off their socks).
3. Smiling Hong Kong FA (It's a culture thing I understand, but at least pretend you like the job).
4. Upgrade availability.

Last edited by gracall; Feb 28, 2015 at 3:05 am
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Three threads originally cross posted in JetBlue, Virgin America, and Cathay Pacific forums have been combined into a single thread which now resides here in TravelBuzz!

Prospero
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.