Wiki Posts
Search

F saying not available

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
F saying not available

I have a F ticket booked for Monday and my friend is on the same flight and was hoping to upgrade to F. Its saying not available but if you click on the seating chart it shows 2 seats. Think they're available or that 2 people didn't pick their seats
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You probably have "non-refundable" selected in the booking window. Try changing to "refundable". I think that when they are down to their last couple of seats they restrict it to their most expensive fare class (refundable).

I have seen this while trying to book F in the past.

Also, it is probably not possible to upgrade a non-refundable fare to refundable (since if you could, that would be an easy way to get a non-refundable fare refunded!). You would probably have to cancel and rebook? Not sure about this. I'd call and ask.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
You probably have "non-refundable" selected in the booking window. Try changing to "refundable". I think that when they are down to their last couple of seats they restrict it to their most expensive fare class (refundable).

I have seen this while trying to book F in the past.

Also, it is probably not possible to upgrade a non-refundable fare to refundable (since if you could, that would be an easy way to get a non-refundable fare refunded!). You would probably have to cancel and rebook? Not sure about this. I'd call and ask.
yes, you're right, they are refundable seats. She was hoping to upgrade at 24hrs before the flight (gold status) so I think there's still hope for her to get the upgrade since all seats are up for grabs then. Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
I believe that can also happen when there are passengers who don't have seat assignments for whatever reason...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.