Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for VX points to post?

Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton

I had a R/T flight last Monday and my points still haven't posted to my account. Is this normal?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
No, its not normal. In my experience, points have posted 2-3 days after the completion of a segment.

You're not the only one whose waiting for it -- I haven't received points from my flight last Monday, either (or my flights on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday). But I did receive them from my flight on Sunday (8 days ago) -- and I got them perhaps 4 days ago. There's clearly a delay but hopefully its resolved soon.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:33 pm

http://virginamerica.custhelp.com/ap...a0FpaE9tNW0%3D
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:03 am

For a ticket with connecting flights, $100 PDF-xSFO-SAN one-way, how does Virgin post the earned points to the Elevate account?

Would there be one entry for 500 points, or would there be two entries (one for each segment) where the total of the two entries is 500 points?

I am wondering what Elevate points would be earned if segment 1 was flown and segment 2 is skipped, if passenger decides to end travel at SFO. Trying to avoid the $75 change fee, which is more than the residual value credit from ticket reissue.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:17 am

You earn for the flights flown. If you only fly one segment, your earnings would be only from that one completed.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:00 am

VX member earns at 5 points for dollar of the fare. Segment 1 PDF-SFO has no fare on the ticket. Only the whole PDF-xSFO-SAN ticket has a fare of $100.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then how do you know the value of the residual fare?

I'd expect expect you to earn points for the $100 minus the residual fare (or, in other words, I'd expect them to calculate the fare for the first segment in the same way in both situations)
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone else's account showing 0 reward points?

Hopefully just a temporary glitch...
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
My last flight is at 8 days and counting for the points to post. Should not take that long.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
It took 2 emails to customer service but my Elevate points (with appropriate reward point class bonuses) are now showing for my flight. I have a DAL-DCA coming up on Wednesday so we'll see how fast that posts.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They seem to be very inconsistent about the time taken to post the points. I have seen anywhere from 2 days to a week. The time that it took a week was right at the beginning of FTE, and it was a F fare, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

They are always posted and correct, though, and I've never had to contact CS. Unless if I needed the points right away (to redeem them) I probably wouldn't bother contacting them until 2 weeks had passed (after 2 weeks, it seem clear that something is wrong)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:07 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
There's been an issue with points posting for flights involving DAL. VX says its an IT issue that's being addressed as quickly as possible. For some reason, all flights to, from, or through DAL aren't generating points... I contacted them and eventually they added my points manually.

Other than that, points post very quickly.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday (Nov 10) I had a flight that put me over the 5000 pt threshold for the FTE promo. Today (Nov 11), the 1500 bonus pts posted (they post incrementally; the first 1000 posted when I passed 2500). However, the points from the flght itself haven't posted.

I've also noticed a delay between points posting and status pts being updated. The 1500 pts were added to my points total but not my status pts total. The same thing happened with my last flight -- the status pts updated well after the reward pts.

None of this really matters, but it's kind of funny. Their software obviously has a few issues. It all work out in the the end, though -- it just takes a few days.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:16 am

I've noticed a delay as well -- took an average about 10 days for points to post for me.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
After waiting 2 weeks for DAL-SFO to post I called VA. They immediately said they were aware of posting problems on some of the new Love Field flights and updated my account and my wife's account. The update took less than 10 minutes to be reflected online.
...give them a ring!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.