Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feel The Earn Bonus promotion 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Feel The Earn Bonus promotion 2014

Saw the Feel The Earn Bonus Points promotion went out yesterday for 2014. Similar to last year. 2x bonus points for MCS, and 3x for First. Runs October 6 through December 19. Plus up to 25,000 bonus points that count towards Elevate status on a tiered earning schedule. Registration required.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
I registered. I hope it counts for flights I already booked that I am not flying until the promo's 10/6 start date.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
I registered. I hope it counts for flights I already booked that I am not flying until the promo's 10/6 start date.
The points usually flag for credit after you fly, based on the date of flight, so you should be fine.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
from VA's terms and conditions:
To qualify for this offer, guests must a) be enrolled in Elevate prior to registering for the offer, b) register for the offer prior to their travel date and c) correctly add their Elevate account number to their reservation prior to their first travel date.
so i think articos is right, that so long as we have registered for the promotion before taking the trip, and have our elevate number in their system, we should get the credit.

fyi, here is the direct link to sign up for the promotion:
https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/el.../feel-the-earn
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA G
Argh! I just booked an award ticket before knowing about this promo. Had I known, I would have booked it as a revenue ticket.

Not worth cancelling with a $100 redeposit fee
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unavaca
Argh! I just booked an award ticket before knowing about this promo. Had I known, I would have booked it as a revenue ticket.

Not worth cancelling with a $100 redeposit fee
Might be worth a call, especially if within the first 24 hours or close. They may be nice about it, considering you're trying to pay for the ticket.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:58 am

Wow, that's a great promotion, especially for gold members who have the Virgin Signature Visa. Just figured out that if I buy a first class ticket with a base fare of $2,168, that will give me 54,864 points, of which 15,840 will be status points.

Think I'm taking a weekend transcon trip sometime soon!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
So for somebody challenging for VX Silver, this effectively lowers the required earn to 2500 points w/ the VX CC. Earn 2500 points & get 1000 bonus points to end up with 3500 points (3000 needed to complete challenge).

One could earn VX Silver for $549 (including the $49 annual fee on the lower VX CC).

Bonus Elevate points awarded in this offer except the bonus points awarded for triple points in First Class and Double points in Main Cabin Select will also qualify towards Elevate Gold or Elevate Silver status, and will be included in the member’s 2014 Membership Qualification Year status points balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.