Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using partner miles for awards on VX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Are you able to book one-ways?

Yes, I was able to book two one-way tickets JFK-SFO for 25K miles total +$11.20 taxes. However, it took 2-3 days to receive an email confirmation since VS had to call VX.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Yes, I was able to book two one-way tickets JFK-SFO for 25K miles total +$11.20 taxes. However, it took 2-3 days to receive an email confirmation since VS had to call VX.
That sounds like an improvement. Was under the impression one-ways could only be booked on VA.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat
I just booked 2 one-ways ORD-OGG in Main Cabin Select through Virgin Atlantic, using my chase Ultimate Rewards. It was incredibly easy. I called first to confirm availability, then transfered my Ultimate Rewards miles to Virgin Atlantic - the agent could see the miles in less than 2 minutes. Then I booked on VX using the VA miles. It did take 18 hours to get the VX confirmation (the agent had said it could take 2-3 days). We're very happy with our flights. The same 40,000 per person Ultimate Rewards get us a much nicer experience on Virgin America (our favorite airline) than on United

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.