Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Are there fees for changing or canceling and award ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum

Newbie question.

I am looking to use credit card miles to transfer to Virgin America to fly in October in business or first, whatever it's called. I could not find clear info on the website about change fees or redeposit fees for award miles.

What are the fees/penalties if I want to change my flights or cancel my flights altogether after they are booked.

As a United 1K I am used to getting this for free, but I am also sick of the United crap, so forgive my expectations but I figured I would ask here first.

I also posted this on the FAQ thread, but received no reply in 2 days so I apologize to the mods for dual posting.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
VX charges a redeposit fee of $100 for cancelling their reward bookings. You can't change a reward booking - you have to cancel and redeposit points then rebook at the new points amount. VX currently only waives the fee for Elevate Gold members.

If you're United 1K you can status match to gold: virginamerica.com/statusmatch
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:10 pm

no need to apologize...the FAQ thread is way too long to sort through and questions get lost in the shuffle...

redeposit fees are $100 or free if you're Gold Status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.