Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying with travel bank do you earn points?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Paying with travel bank do you earn points?

Planning on booking a flight which will give me enough points to keep my gold status. If I pay using my travel bank will I earn points or not? I have plenty of time until the credit expires but I will pay for the ticket to get the points if I have to and use my travel bank for a future flight.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:13 am

Yes, you're still paying for your fare. The only flights you wouldn't earn credit for would be anything you book using Elevate points, because there isn't a fare on those.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by cringle
Yes, you're still paying for your fare. The only flights you wouldn't earn credit for would be anything you book using Elevate points, because there isn't a fare on those.
Thanks, I assumed that was the case but couldn't find any info on it so thought I'd ask
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I purchased a ticket for my daughter with my travel bank funds adding her elevate number to the reservation. I have always received credit for any flights taken with travel bank funds. I am being told now that she will not earn credit for the flights because travel bank flights do not earn points. Does not make sense since I originally spent the money on a VX flight which I cancelled and put in travel bank and used to pay for this flight. Do I chalk it up to the Dallas Call Center gold line being untrained and ignore the fact that her reservation reflects 0 points to be earned on flight and deal with it later? Or have things changed? After all, the receipt reflects the fare paid.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by BAR423
Thanks, I assumed that was the case but couldn't find any info on it so thought I'd ask
Speaking from experience with this (I cancel/rebook flights a fair amount), you don't always get points from this and I have to fill out the "missing points" form on their site to actually get them.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by travelerp
I purchased a ticket for my daughter with my travel bank funds adding her elevate number to the reservation. I have always received credit for any flights taken with travel bank funds. I am being told now that she will not earn credit for the flights because travel bank flights do not earn points. Does not make sense since I originally spent the money on a VX flight which I cancelled and put in travel bank and used to pay for this flight. Do I chalk it up to the Dallas Call Center gold line being untrained and ignore the fact that her reservation reflects 0 points to be earned on flight and deal with it later? Or have things changed? After all, the receipt reflects the fare paid.
Travel Bank flights earn points. Undisputed. If they don't credit within three days, fill out the missing points form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.