Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie baffled by the web page

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by harryhv
So as a first-time user of the VX booking page, looking to book SFO-DFW in Sep.

• There are two First fares, First and Refundable First. Clicking "more info" shows the "Fees page" which has identical conditions for both, changeable or refundable at no charge
One is refundable to travel bank and not transferable, the other is refundable to original form of payment and transferable.

Last edited by flyingcat; Feb 23, 2015 at 2:40 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingcat
One is refundable to travel bank and not transferable, the other is refundable to original form of payment and transferable.
Yes, this. I fly F exclusively and fly a lot, and will often buy "speculative" airfare if I think I might take a trip but I'm not sure, and sometimes make last-minute changes (comment from check-in agent: "Wow, you fly a lot. A lot of cancellations too").

If you cancel a normal F fare, there is no fee, but all the money goes to your travel bank, which is valid for VX airfare in your name only and expires in a year. If you cancel a refundable F fare, you get the money refunded to your credit card.

If you fly on VX somewhat regularly, there is not much difference. But if there is any chance that you won't fly with them again in the next year, it could be an important distinction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.