Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Virgin America Debuts 3 "Break Free" Video Ads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium

Earlier this year, Virgin America asked flyers to get creative and help the airline produce short video ads for its Elevate program.

http://www.virgin.com/news/win-get-c...rica-for-20000

It looks like 3 of the videos have been upload to YouTube by the airline.

Join Virgin America's Elevate program and stop getting played

Break Free from outdated airlines with Virgin America

Snap out of it with Virgin America Elevate

Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Those are not bad. The first one made me chuckle.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Two of the three ads mock other programs' First Class upgrade schemes, yet there's still no such thing as mileage-based upgrades on VX. One could attain status, enjoy MCS upgrades, and buy up to F at a discount from there, but the last ad mocks the status game as well.

I realize that these ads are crowdsourced, but they say absolutely nothing to positively differentiate VX or showcase the product (besides the implicit pitch of the negative statements in the second ad). I have little use for that kind of ad messaging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.