Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

The New VirginAmerica.com website

http://static.virginamerica.com/Web3...9/7/index.html

https://beta.virginamerica.com
Old May 24, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: UA G
Wow, this looks pretty awesome and is super easy to use. By far the best airline website in the industry now.

No more stupid "Loading..." thing in the middle of the page.

One annoying thing -- viewing an itinerary doesn't acknowledge that there's already a Known Traveler Number attached to an itinerary; it only prompts you to add one.

One broken thing -- printing an itinerary/receipt on a 3rd party booking results in a Tomcat 404 page
Old May 27, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Looks slick and touch friendly, but pricing options aren't working correctly (for only $55 additional I can elect to keep the same Main Cabin option I originally selected!) and the scrolling options for outbound vs return are confusing if you scroll too far.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
What happened interactive route map? Is that gone? How embarrassed I am!

Please bring it back! I want back! I need interactive route map. Gosh! I hate website. I hate it!
Old May 28, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Somehow, I am unable to find the interactive 'route map' on the new/beta site where they fly. Unless I am missing something. Boooo!

It is a new fresh look. It will take a few times to get use it.
Old May 28, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I miss the viewing seats option and my password is not accepted. It was a few days ago.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:40 am

I really don't like how this website is designed. It is very clunky and cannot preview the seat maps, which I care, as I often base my flight decision according to occupancy level of the flight. They have also eliminated the "discounted/instant upgrade to Main Cabin Select" or "discounted/instant upgrade to first class" categories. The calendar is too huge and if you book more than 2 months ahead of time, you need to scroll a lot. I actually find the old website more user friendly!

Carfield
Old May 29, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by Carfield
I really don't like how this website is designed. It is very clunky and cannot preview the seat maps, which I care, as I often base my flight decision according to occupancy level of the flight. They have also eliminated the "discounted/instant upgrade to Main Cabin Select" or "discounted/instant upgrade to first class" categories. The calendar is too huge and if you book more than 2 months ahead of time, you need to scroll a lot. I actually find the old website more user friendly!

Carfield
It is there... it just requires a few extra clicks before the seat map and upgrade options appear.

The website looks "cute", but I'm not sure if it's better. It's like the focus group were kids who liked bubbly icons.
Old May 30, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: United MP, Virgin America Elevate, JetBlue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by fishy21
The website looks "cute", but I'm not sure if it's better. It's like the focus group were kids who liked bubbly icons.
It's always difficult to adapt to new technology, but I find that usually when I spend some time looking at a new site design I end up eventually appreciating the improvements and acclimatizing to the changes. Here though I have to say I'm really not impressed. It seems like the target audience is 16 year olds looking for a new social media experience, rather than experienced travelers looking for convenience, functionality and speed. I'm disappointed VX spent its efforts developing this site when their existing site was already miles ahead of competitors. What I'd really like to see is an app!
Old May 30, 2014, 8:56 am

Eek, the new site's mobile boarding passes don't display the precheck logo. If you're departing from a station that requires visual inspection before letting you onto the line, you're better off sticking to the old site.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
VX sent me an email to give it another go.

I gave it another test flight.. and I still don't like it. I think it's faster... which I appreciate. But way too bubbly for me. I'm not a kid, I don't appreciate being treated like one with this new website. Too many colors and cute icons.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by unavaca
Eek, the new site's mobile boarding passes don't display the precheck logo. If you're departing from a station that requires visual inspection before letting you onto the line, you're better off sticking to the old site.
Did you try and print at the airport at a kiosk and if so, did Precheck show?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Did you try and print at the airport at a kiosk and if so, did Precheck show?
Pre check icon showed up when I used the old Mobile website to pull up my boarding pass, so it wasn't a question of eligibility.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
I don't think that I've seen this mentioned in any threads, but I did see it in an article about the VX website changes. The airline's also redesigned its printable boarding pass: https://vine.co/v/MnKdrK6h2uu
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
I received an email asking me to give feedback on the website. I put feedback in much like that reflected here. The big bubbles and balloons need to go--just give me the details.

And why do I have to scroll, scroll, scroll to see anything? Reduce the font size and have things fit so I can see them easily. I don't need the word "ACTIVITY" in one inch letters and then have to scroll to see the activity because there's 1/4 inch of spacing between each line.

I only have 3 reservations currently and I have to scroll around just to pick from the list to manage any of them. There's no reason 3 reservations can't fit on a page without scrolling. I don't need SFO to be displayed in 1/2 inch size letters.

The look is clean but it needs to be a little less "artsy" and more professional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.