The New VirginAmerica.com website

Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Hopefully they listen to your suggestions. I always loved how easy it was to navigate around the old VX website compared to other airlines.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I cannot find the travel bank anywhere on the new site.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I cannot find the travel bank anywhere on the new site.
My bank is presently empty, but I do see a reference to travel bank on the My Account page. https://beta.virginamerica.com/eleva...yer/my-account
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by SNA1K
The look is clean but it needs to be a little less "artsy" and more professional.
I'm not sure the goal is artsy so much as mobile/tablet friendly. That means large buttons and more wasted space so you can use your finger instead of your mouse.

Unfortunately, most of the time optimized for mobile means worsened for desktop.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
I'm not sure the goal is artsy so much as mobile/tablet friendly. That means large buttons and more wasted space so you can use your finger instead of your mouse.

Unfortunately, most of the time optimized for mobile means worsened for desktop.
True - compromise produces a result suboptimal for both. Just build a friggin' app! It's not as if there is any shortage of developers nearby (or even flying on your aircraft!)

On another note - I couldn't find a way to delete a stored (closed) credit card.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I have a flight on Friday morning and just got this e-mail:

Some important information for your upcoming travel.

Hi ,

We look forward to welcoming you on a mood-lit getaway.

We’re launching a new website on June 13. As we transition to our fresh new look, VirginAmerica.com will be offline in the late evening of June 12 through the early morning of June 13, 2014. During this time you will be unable to change flights, check Flight or Elevate® status, upgrade, check-in online or make other changes on the web.

Should you need assistance during this time or for anything else related to your upcoming travel, please call our Contact Center at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (Contact Center call fees will be waived for this transition period).

We apologize for this temporary inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we transition to our new site. We look forward to welcoming you back to a new site that will offer a faster and more intuitive web experience – making booking a breeze, mobile check-in a snap, and your online experience even easier.

Cheers,
Virgin America
I'll definitely use OLCI the morning before. Here's hoping this doesn't cause any system issues at the airport if the cutover takes longer than expected.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I have a flight on Friday morning and just got this e-mail:

I'll definitely use OLCI the morning before. Here's hoping this doesn't cause any system issues at the airport if the cutover takes longer than expected.
I wonder if the beta site will work while the other one is down.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Very similar info is now also up on the VX site: http://www.virginamerica.com/news.do
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:24 am

Hm, wasnt the site supposed to go live today? When I got o the website I still see the old one. Wonder if something went wrong.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:16 pm

SoCalZman, you may want to check again. https://www.virginamerica.com/

It was supposed to be offline for a just few hours last night after 10 PM PST.

And it now looks like the new site is live along with this blog post: http://blog.virginamerica.com/blog/our-new-look/

You can leave your comments about the new site in the comments section at the bottom of that blog post or Tweet them at @VirginAmerica with the hashtag #VXNewLook

Last edited by FTcadence; Jun 13, 2014 at 12:22 pm
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:29 pm

Ah its live on my iphone but when I go to it on my work computer I still see the old site. Maybe thats expected when running an older browser.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Perhaps it will grow on me over time. But I am far from a fan on my initial take. Seems like I end up seeing way less information at once and have to do a lot more scrolling.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA, DL, VX, VA, AA
Do you know how to clear your cache in the work computer browser? It may be storing the old version.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by SoCalZman
Ah its live on my iphone but when I go to it on my work computer I still see the old site. Maybe thats expected when running an older browser.
What browser and version are you using, a look at the code indicates very old browsers are being redirected intentionally.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:30 pm

SoCalZman, try doing a hard refresh. http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-hard-refresh.htm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.