Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Website?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation New Website?

Just spoke w/ someone who is a customer service rep with VX and told me that new website is rolling out on May 1st! We all know the website can be a pain sometimes so this is an awesome thing for us one thing that stood out in our convo was that when selecting a seat during booking process, you will pick an "avatar" that way people will be aware you are sitting there.. Not a pic of yourself.. It was described to me like a "character from the wii world"

Also that the website is very colorful compared to the normal red. The mood lighting color purple will be a big part of the new layout. Also the website is "very interactive." Was told that many reps have been testing out the new website w/ "real life" situations that way they can pick out any bugs there may be left and what not. According to the rep, the reason the website now has been even more hard to use is because they're slowly getting rid of it? Supposedly the plan is to have silver/gold members access to it first last week of April for their feedback and then 1st of may, it's everyone's!!

This is awesome news, VX is starting to finally listen to us!! ^

Who's excited?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:10 pm

Personally dreading the migration. Flying SFO-EWR on 4/30 and returning 5/5 and hoping to jump on 6 hr upgrade. Fingers crossed for a smooth transition.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
I can see how people might get worried based on how the reservation system migration went. Fingers crossed they had a lot of "lessoned learned" meetings after that experience.

Now to the website, this is interesting news. I had no idea they were working on one. The avatar feature is interesting. If its just a computer generated character you select so people see a face in the seat on the screen....I dont really see a point. Is it just to be fun or is it part of a large set of "social" features being rolled out?

I dont mind if they change the colors, etc. and improve performance on the website as long as they do not change how easy it is to use. I find the layout and information presentation on VX to be much much easier to process than, say, Delta's website. They should not lose that advatange. Only make layout changes that make the website EASIER to navigate and process.

Finally, my biggest hope from this possible change is that means that VX is changing whatever is needed on the back end so they can finally release a proper mobile app. That is a big, glaring omission so far.

If they invite me to play with the website early being Gold, I will do so and let you all know what I think. Web app testing is a large function of my job, so I have some experience in this space :-)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA G
I suspect there will still be no mobile app -- I believe the new website will use a responsive design such that the same website will work on both your phone and on a desktop.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Had it confirmed to me in person by the CIO that they're redoing the website, although he was more specifically referring to the slow login times and dicey account information functions.

One day when I was on-site at Virgin's HQ near SFO, I saw people I knew from a mobile app development company signing in at reception. So while the two are not coupled, I wouldn't rule out a mobile app coming some day. They're at least taking meetings with those (crappy) companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.