Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comenity - My Experience with the 25K Promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Comenity - My Experience with the 25K Promo

Short story first - it took a little work, but I got my promised bonus - and to continue a recurring theme here - the folks at Comenity, with limited tools, impressed me with their honest eagerness.

Background. I was an existing VX Barclay card holder and was eager to move to the new VX card. After seeing news here and on their site, I awaited my 25K bonus offer. Weeks passed. Mid-month, I still hadn't received my offer, and given assurances from others on this forum I applied via the VX site. I was immediately approved with the standard terms. As things tend to happen, the next day I finally received my offer via US mail. Assurances both here and through Comenity phone supported that I'd get my full bonus. This includes a post-approval phone call to Comenity, since I was still suspecting that my application was not linked to my ultimate offer. Assured it would happen I was advised to wait a billing cycle or two for it to all work out. 5 weeks later (2 billing cycles) I receive 15K bonus. After the "missing" 10K didn't appear the following month, I called Comenity. The front line rep was earnest and helpful but was unable to resolve things so I asked to be transferred to his supervisor, Chris. She was wonderful. She took it as far as possible and urged me to reference her name should I need to appeal the case, which is the next step. She asked to allow me to talk to VX. (I had been sent there during the previous inquiry. I received a terse response from VX in which I was informed that they post only the points sent by Comenity and any questions about points have to be directed to them.)

Ultimately, the second referral to VX was appropriate after all. The VX rep directed me to an email address to handle these claims. I posted a request and attached a scan of my mailing. I received no immediate response (My expectations on this were effectively set by the phone rep) but within a week or so, I received a simple email that my extra points would be immediately posted to my account. (and were promptly posted as promised)

All in all - it may have been a bit of a learning experience for a number of people, including myself, but Comenity really does seem to be trying to compensate for experience and infrastructure with positive responses and hard work. At any number of points, I might have been upset, but each party worked hard and ultimately, I wound up with what I wanted without too much hassle. (and an honest belief that the supervisor, Chris, would be doing whatever she could do to help).

In so many ways, Comenity first seemed like a horrible fit for VX - but I continue to be impressed by the hard work and earnest effort of the folks at Comenity to create a product that may be revolutionary in some ways to the industry but is certainly a revolution to them.

Last edited by MarkBearSF; Apr 15, 2014 at 12:32 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta
I'm dealing with exactly the same issue, except that I don't think I have a copy of the mailer anymore. Any chance you can post a scan of yours? The rep I spoke to claimed that they weren't aware that there ever was a 25K offer.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MarkBearSF
Short story first - it took a little work, but I got my promised bonus - and to continue a recurring theme here - the folks at Comenity, with limited tools, impressed me with their honest eagerness.

Background. I was an existing VX Barclay card holder and was eager to move to the new VX card. After seeing news here and on their site, I awaited my 25K bonus offer. Weeks passed. Mid-month, I still hadn't received my offer, and given assurances from others on this forum I applied via the VX site. I was immediately approved with the standard terms. As things tend to happen, the next day I finally received my offer via US mail. Assurances both here and through Comenity phone supported that I'd get my full bonus. This includes a post-approval phone call to Comenity, since I was still suspecting that my application was not linked to my ultimate offer. Assured it would happen I was advised to wait a billing cycle or two for it to all work out. 5 weeks later (2 billing cycles) I receive 15K bonus. After the "missing" 10K didn't appear the following month, I called Comenity. The front line rep was earnest and helpful but was unable to resolve things so I asked to be transferred to his supervisor, Chris. She was wonderful. She took it as far as possible and urged me to reference her name should I need to appeal the case, which is the next step. She asked to allow me to talk to VX. (I had been sent there during the previous inquiry. I received a terse response from VX in which I was informed that they post only the points sent by Comenity and any questions about points have to be directed to them.)

Ultimately, the second referral to VX was appropriate after all. The VX rep directed me to an email address to handle these claims. I posted a request and attached a scan of my mailing. I received no immediate response (My expectations on this were effectively set by the phone rep) but within a week or so, I received a simple email that my extra points would be immediately posted to my account. (and were promptly posted as promised)

All in all - it may have been a bit of a learning experience for a number of people, including myself, but Comenity really does seem to be trying to compensate for experience and infrastructure with positive responses and hard work. At any number of points, I might have been upset, but each party worked hard and ultimately, I wound up with what I wanted without too much hassle. (and an honest belief that the supervisor, Chris, would be doing whatever she could do to help).

In so many ways, Comenity first seemed like a horrible fit for VX - but I continue to be impressed by the hard work and earnest effort of the folks at Comenity to create a product that may be revolutionary in some ways to the industry but is certainly a revolution to them.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by rekoil
I'm dealing with exactly the same issue, except that I don't think I have a copy of the mailer anymore. Any chance you can post a scan of yours? The rep I spoke to claimed that they weren't aware that there ever was a 25K offer.

Thanks!
My 25k offer was an email...not a mailer. Like OP, I was a previous Barclays VX card holder. I did hear on this board that they offered different levels of bonus to different customers. I also applied before I received the 25k point offer and was originally accepted under the 15k point offer. But they told me the higher offers were coded to an applicant's email address and that I would get the 25k, which I did.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rekoil

Thanks!
My mailing had a code which I'm certain was personalized and would be of no use to your account. However, if you explain your situation to [email protected] they are certainly aware of the promo and may be able to help you. (Someone else messaged me with a request for the email address as well).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:18 pm

Ah, I got mine on dead trees and ink, not email, which I'd hoped to hold onto until I got the points but eventually got mistaken for trash. Assumed yours was as well (I never received an emailed offer). I'll try contacting the address. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MarkBearSF
My mailing had a code which I'm certain was personalized and would be of no use to your account. However, if you explain your situation to [email protected] they are certainly aware of the promo and may be able to help you. (Someone else messaged me with a request for the email address as well).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Also, don't expect an immediate reply to emails sent to that address. The VX rep had warned me that it might take a month or more, depending on the volume of requests, but I received the email reply notifying me of the credit one week to the day from my request.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:58 am

To follow up, I emailed on 4/16 and got a reply on 4/21, saying that the additional 10K point would appear on my next billing cycle. The points showed up on 4/24. Thanks again for the pointer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.