Wiki Posts
Search

AA Members to Flock to VX?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
AA Members to Flock to VX?

With the latest devaluation from AA, airlines don't need to reward & retain loyal customers anymore. Incase you are not following, AA is getting major bad press over it's recent changes that were made to their reward program without advance warning. I think VX must be celebrating over these merged legacy carriers lack of customer (and business) skills.

Think VX flights will be more full moving forward? Maybe all these other airlines will help boost VX's potential IPO.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Hmm, I have a hard time believing this will have any more than a minimal impact. VX flies to so few destinations and it's probably only a viable replacement for a very small %. Anyway...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Uh no, only those AA flyers who buy F on shared VX routes might be interested, but it would not be due to the FF program.

When people start forgetting about FF programs, DL, B6, and WN look good too.

Rasheed
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
If the FF programs start to be less of an option on why I would fly American, yes I would fly VX more often, the food and beverages options on VX are much better.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In a word: no.

None of the non-legacies are serious competition. AA makes its money from a massive international route network and large corporate contracts.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:01 pm

Umm No.

There are only 8 seats in F.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
VX offers much better soft and hard products domestically than the legacies. unfortunately the network is way too limited for most business travelers.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
On select routes, sure. Overall, no. Same thing with UA, but more so with UA, because of the concentration of disgruntled SFO UA pax. Also, SFO based pax might be a bit less price sensitive and also more interested in "living for today" (i.e., I want today's flight to be comfortable, not as concerned about earning buckets of miles I may never be able to use) than various other markets, so a revenue based program (i.e., VX) is more palatable than in other places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.