Wiki Posts
Search

Changed award flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Changed award flight

Hi all. I used the search function and couldn't find any thread that had this issue.

I booked a seat for my cousin flying from JFK-LAS r/t Oct 16-19. Her LAS-JFK flight got changed by 7 hours (turned into an overnight flight) and the price for the return is higher by 32 elevate points. Do you think they would let me go with that?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA G
With a schedule change, they'll generally let you have whatever you want or a free-refund (though since they don't book OAL, refund may be your only recourse if you don't like anything else on VX metal), especially when it's a 7 hour change.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I called them and I guess since they changed the flight they let me off with out paying the extra miles. Do people general push for more things, like free upgrades or something in monetary value? Glad I was able to get the flight changed though.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Schedules change all the time. People push for all manner of things, but they don't get them. This is a US domestic flight and the carrier could simply refund the purchase price (points) and be done with it, if it were inclined.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Agreed. Appreciate your input. I just wanted to get my cousins flight to get fixed anything would have been a bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.