Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

If you paid for express don't expect a discount or credit when upgrading to MCS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:35 am
Original Poster

I'm flying to DCA tomorrow and purchased Main Cabin Express for $30 when making my reservation. Upon checking in this morning I decided to take the $159 upgrade to MCS thinking maybe my Express purchase would be taken into account. I was wrong. I contacted Virgin America to see about getting a refund or credit for the $30, but they won't do it. They see Express the same as Main. So I basically wasted $30. I will not be making this mistake on my return flight.

Having recently moved over from UA I am still learning the nuances of Virgin America.

While I seriously doubt it, I will talk to someone at the airport tomorrow to see if they can do something.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Just an update , while customer service was unwilling to credit back my $30, the very friendly gate agent took care of it without issue.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I just did teh same darn thing...but my fight is still a ways out. i wonder if they will refund it since its less than 24 hours since i bought it?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Update on my post above...I called today when i got a minute and agent refunded the $30. Wasn't clear to me if she was making an exception since it was bought less than 24 hours ago....
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I called today when i got a minute and agent refunded the $30. Wasn't clear to me if she was making an exception since it was bought less than 24 hours ago....
Asking for a refund of Main Cabin Express if the flight is more than 24 hours out but within 24 hours of you physically purchasing Main Cabin Express is probably your best chance. Remember Main Cabin Express rows become FREE 24 hours prior to departure so asking for a refund at that point your chances severely go down because there is no way for Virgin America to re-coop that loss now. They cant refund $30 and sell your seat again because now it is FREE for anyone else looking to sit up front less than 24 hours prior to departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.