Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Enough Comenity with the BS - Might be bye-bye VX

Enough Comenity with the BS - Might be bye-bye VX

Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:56 pm

Slightly off-topic

I notice that the OP this thread,Zacnlinc, as well as SoCalZman are California residents; which credit bureau did you guys get hard pulled from?

Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Good question. I dont know. I have Credit Karma and I didnt see a hard pull on any of those reports. I had the old VX card, so maybe I got "grandfathered" in.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I did not have a hard pull, had the old card, got the new one and live in California.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
Good question. I dont know. I have Credit Karma and I didnt see a hard pull on any of those reports. I had the old VX card, so maybe I got "grandfathered" in.
Originally Posted by PainCorp
I did not have a hard pull, had the old card, got the new one and live in California.
Very interesting. ^ This is the first of ever heard of this happening, especially since we are talking about 2 completely different banks issuing the cards.
Old May 4, 2014, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Very interesting. ^ This is the first of ever heard of this happening, especially since we are talking about 2 completely different banks issuing the cards.
My offer was also pre-approved, I hit submit and I had an answer within about 5 seconds. Usually I have to wait for 20-25 before I get an answer from the computer, so I think they already have all our information, and just basically transitioned our cards at our request.
Old May 4, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
My approval was within seconds as well, for what it's worth
Old May 7, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by SoCalZman
My approval was within seconds as well, for what it's worth
I was not pre approved. They pulled Equifax which was nice since all I have now are Experian. Initial credit line was higher than I expected and got an answer almost as soon as I hit enter
Old May 7, 2014, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nccarguy
I was not pre approved. They pulled Equifax which was nice since all I have now are Experian. Initial credit line was higher than I expected and got an answer almost as soon as I hit enter
Actually, I just looked, they did pull Equifax, guess I didn't get the notice that it was pulled.
Old May 11, 2014, 6:34 pm

My "new" replacement VX card came in the mail yesterday. The one they had promised us all several months ago after we were sent glorified gift cards with non-embossed text on a flimsy plastic support.
The card I got is exactly the same, sans a small change in font. Same thickness, same everything.
Am I missing something here?
Old May 12, 2014, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by teo24
Am I missing something here?
A credit card that will last more than 6 months of regular use.

/sarcasm

That being said, I can't even get to a working Comenity website right now, no matter how many urls I try....everything else works just fine.

Last edited by PainCorp; May 12, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.