Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, VXgold
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It has happened to me in the past. The charges which post just as the statement is being generated don't get counted but the points have been posted in the following month. With the mess they have going now, who knows if they will be able to figure that out.
Thanks, sfozrhfco!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
My April points just posted though as experienced by artieb78, points from the last 4 days of the statement month did not post, so will have to wait yet another month for those.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA G
My April points just posted, too.
Old May 8, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Have people received their $150 companion discounts yet this year? In the past, I have received them either in April or early May. I am still waiting to get mine for 2016, and the other problems we have be seeing related to this card have me a little worried...
Old May 9, 2016, 1:45 pm

I got mine a month ago.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by Finagler
Have people received their $150 companion discounts yet this year? In the past, I have received them either in April or early May. I am still waiting to get mine for 2016, and the other problems we have be seeing related to this card have me a little worried...
As an update to my previous post, I received my $150 companion discount code today. I guess Friday the 13th was lucky for me.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Just curious what others have experienced.... Anyone offered an annual fee waiver/reduction if you ask to cancel the card when it's up for renewal?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Just curious what others have experienced.... Anyone offered an annual fee waiver/reduction if you ask to cancel the card when it's up for renewal?
Given that AS is taking over this year, all Comenity link cards will likely be eliminated anyway, so what is the point?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Given that AS is taking over this year, all Comenity link cards will likely be eliminated anyway, so what is the point?
Acquisitions take a while, and the new corporate policies on the acquired company even longer. I would imagine we'll see VX and their credit card around for a while, maybe through the end of next year. Maybe longer. So the point is to reduce or avoid the annual fee for the next year.

Last edited by jimmygottfredson; Jun 17, 2016 at 10:57 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
Acquisitions take a while, and the new corporate policies on the acquired company even longer. I would imagine we'll see VX and their credit card around for a while, maybe through the end of next year. Maybe longer. So the point is to reduce or avoid the annual fee for the next year.
The timeline for any impact to the visa cards will really be dictated by the merger of the FFPs - that can happen sooner than all of the back office is integrated and single operating certificate issued. Once Elevate points no longer exist, the current VX cards will likely fold into the AS Visa program, or some transition product. Comenity cards will be no more, either way.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Maybe Comenity might make AS a deal that they'd be foolish to ignore.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Maybe Comenity might make AS a deal that they'd be foolish to ignore.
Exactly. There are likely not very many VX visa card holders anyway and if many people stop using their cards as a result of the acquisition, there is little incentive for Comenity to keep it going. AS is hoping to build loyalty by getting people hooked up with their credit card. Since the rest of the plan is up in the air as to what the in air product will be like, the only potential attraction they have is the credit card. This is perhaps the easiest part of the acquisition. Pay out comenity and be done with that quickly.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Also, what is everyone's experience on the actual time needed for bonus Elevate Status Points to post. The T&Cs state 6-8 weeks and I'm wondering if this is true in practice.

When the status points do post are they back dated, or is the post date used?

Thanks - Jimmy
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Great!! First, since this past Sunday when I was notified that my new statement is available, I've not been able to see it or any of my past statements. I called Comenity on Tuesday and they were aware of the issue and that it should be fixed "soon".

Today I can't even log into the site as "an expected error/interruption" has occurred". Maybe this is the final step with fixing the issue perhaps...
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:27 am

Does anyone know if you can have both the VX Visa Signature and the Premium Visa Signature? I currently have the VX Visa Signature and need about another 10,000 points to top off my account to book r/t flights to Australia, and the Premium sign-up bonus would more than get me there.

Alternatively, can you have more than one of the same card from Comenity? Could I just sign-up for the 10,000 point bonus again and have two of the same card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.