Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Well, you're obviously not in touch with pop culture - which isn't necessarily a bad thing lol But these "strange characters" are performers from American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. Again, I'm not saying one has to like our video, but there is a target audience for it and our company did a great job reaching out to this audience.

Where I think the video won't work is for guests in First Class who won't see the video, but only hear loud music and a flight attendant awkwardly trying to do a live demo to all of this.....should be interesting.
Pop culture is not what makes money for airlines. If that was the case, all the legacy would be adapting. Instead, they are targeting the bread and butter... Business travelers. So perhaps you are targeting the wrong audience?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by fishy21
Pop culture is not what makes money for airlines. If that was the case, all the legacy would be adapting. Instead, they are targeting the bread and butter... Business travelers. So perhaps you are targeting the wrong audience?

If we were targeting the wrong audience, we wouldn't be making money now, would we?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:20 am
Original Poster

And time to update the new safety video.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/travel...ronic-devices/
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
If we were targeting the wrong audience, we wouldn't be making money now, would we?
Actually, you're not making money. 6 years of operation, $675 million loss with 2 quarters of profit.

Again, I rooting for VX and I love the brand (especially the customer service). Hopefully, you'll post 2013 Q3 profit as well.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
And time to update the new safety video.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/travel...ronic-devices/
Hah, I was thinking the same thing. They spent all that time and money and now they have to redo it already. Maybe they can just splice in a new piece of music and portion of video.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:48 am
Formerly known as god_forbids

Programs: DL Kettle
Exclamation I came here right after seeing the video ...

... for one important announcement.

A lifetime of frustration released with a pleasing hiss when the robot rappers actually yanked the cords to activate the life vests' CO2 cartridges (or whatever makes them fill up).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

That is all
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:31 am

Actually, you're not making money. 6 years of operation, $675 million loss with 2 quarters of profit.

Again, I rooting for VX and I love the brand (especially the customer service). Hopefully, you'll post 2013 Q3 profit as well.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like we are profitable. I was typing quickly. I only meant that we have started making quarterly profits, as they are expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Just stumbled across this video... guess I'm in the minority but I think it's great... one of my favorites. While I thought the original Deltalina ("smoking... is not allowed") video was excellent, the newer DL ones mostly make me sleepy. (The humor is cute the first time, but there's only so many times a miniature suitcase will make me laugh.)

Meanwhile, I've now got the VX song stuck in my head... that's not happened before.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:09 am

I think a lot of people (including me) think it's great. But it's the fact it's 5 minutes long And many of us will have to listen to it multiple times a month that is the problem. It will wear on us pretty quickly
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Honestly I think it is horrible. I watched the first 4 minutes and couldn't take any more. I've flown VX First a couple of times and was impressed, but this video is likely enough to keep me off VX Planes if I have any other options (which, honestly, VX is usually out of the way for me).

The shame of it is, I loved the old safety video.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by some dude
Honestly I think it is horrible. I watched the first 4 minutes and couldn't take any more. I've flown VX First a couple of times and was impressed, but this video is likely enough to keep me off VX Planes if I have any other options (which, honestly, VX is usually out of the way for me).

Seriously? I saw it for the first time on an aircraft yesterday. If I had to deal with it a few times a week, it could get annoying. Once a month? Not so much. How delicate have we (generally, not specific to the post I'm quoting) become?

It is a bit awkward in F with all the "spare time" (which I experienced 2 days ago).

I'll take a catchy song, one I don't have to really pay close attention to, once in awhile in exchange for pushing my screen from row 3 and having food and beverage magically appear in a couple of minutes, watching an array of TV and movies, than the alternative (i.e., not flying, or flying the competition).

"Couldn't take it anymore" is a bit extreme, don't ya think? You could, after all, take 80% of it
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by some dude

With due respect, if u choose your airline based on a safety video, there's not a lot of loyalty to a brand to begin with.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:44 am

Location: I have resided many places, but only ever lived in San Francisco.
Programs: UA, AA
I've seen it 9 times so far this month... and I'm not tired of it. Quite the contrary, I enjoy the video, and really enjoy listening to fellow pax conversations after it's seen for the first time.

I even heard a guy behind me ask if he could buy a copy to show his family when he got home.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by drewsq
I've seen it 9 times so far this month... and I'm not tired of it. Quite the contrary, I enjoy the video, and really enjoy listening to fellow pax conversations after it's seen for the first time.

I even heard a guy behind me ask if he could buy a copy to show his family when he got home.
I heard it on Sunday and it wasn't so bad. They didn't blast it which helped. I was in First so I couldn't see the video. the two flight attendants up front were dancing in between doing the safety stuff and people got a kick out of it. Clapping at the end and everything.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

New safety video by Delta. So simple, but entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduNjwNvcH4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.