Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX loft...worth the $40?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The Loft is now Priority Pass-affiliated. Near Ghost-town at 930a yesterday. Not worth $40 based upon the breakfast spread. If I was there later and had a couple of adult beverages, the value proposition might have changed. Very nice staff.
Oh wow. I have never heard of Priority Pass. Thats a neat club. After I use up my gold/silver memberships in a few years this might be a good option.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Ooooh! Priority Pass.. only $27

I'm a priority pass member so I'll do that from now on!

$27 is better than $40

The Loft is now Priority Pass-affiliated. Near Ghost-town at 930a yesterday. Not worth $40 based upon the breakfast spread. If I was there later and had a couple of adult beverages, the value proposition might have changed. Very nice staff.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Looks like Priority Pass Select (i.e. as issued via AmEx Plat) is valid, too. The $27 charge applies only if you're bringing a guest, correct?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Looks like Priority Pass Select (i.e. as issued via AmEx Plat) is valid, too. The $27 charge applies only if you're bringing a guest, correct?
Depends on the PP membership that you have. In the case of the Amex Plat-comped PP membership, the $27 charge only applies for companions. Details are now up on PP's site:

Conditions: All cardholders and guests are required to show a Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel for access to the Lounge - Children under 12 years are not admitted - Age restrictions apply and any persons under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult - Alcoholic drinks are only available to passengers 21 years of age or older (picture ID may be required) - Dress code applicable (shirts and shoes required for entry) - Non-smoking.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
In refreshing news, the "timeless" pictures on the walls that survived the TWA Club, the AA Club and the AS club have now been removed from the space.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by chiefkays
Its not just refundable F fares that get access. It just has to be considered long-haul. The shortest long haul route is LAX-ORD, which I've gotten access with several times.
Just noticed that the wording on the VX Loft website has changed to no longer include LAX-ORD as one of the routes which gets access. I was allowed in on December 24th, so this is a fairly recent change. It was nice while it lasted...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Back to the original question, I don't think it's worth it...Granted the terminal in LAX is pretty run down, but the quality of the lounge is not that great. I'd rather be in SFO Terminal 2 than in the LAX Loft.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:39 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Now that the VX Loft has arrangements with Priority Pass and Lounge Club, has the revenue stream improved to the point where they could restore the better food?

Has anything changed in recent months, or is it still the same as it was in December?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by bevnetcraven
Back to the original question, I don't think it's worth it...Granted the terminal in LAX is pretty run down, but the quality of the lounge is not that great. I'd rather be in SFO Terminal 2 than in the LAX Loft.
^+1
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by bayhouse
Now that the VX Loft has arrangements with Priority Pass and Lounge Club, has the revenue stream improved to the point where they could restore the better food?

Has anything changed in recent months, or is it still the same as it was in December?
I was there maybe a month ago with my priority pass and the food was pretty basic/lame. I hadn't been in before, but from what I've read it used to be better. I doubt it will improve.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:15 pm

Any plan for the SFO loft to be added to PriorityPass too?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by unavaca
Any plan for the SFO loft to be added to PriorityPass too?
I really doubt it. It is a premium international lounge (the Clubhouse, not the Loft) where VS would lose money on PP member access.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:18 pm

I really doubt it. It is a premium international lounge (the Clubhouse, not the Loft) where VS would lose money on PP member access.
Oops, you're right -- just realized IAD/SFO/JFK are all VS lounges. I don't feel so bad now that I know that the SFO lounge isn't even in T2, so I'd still have to get to T2 early to clear security. Ah well.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, IHC: Plat Ambasador
I should have read this thread before picking the $40 upcharge. Given the dinner hour of my flight, I figured this was surely better food than the dreadful Gladstone's in this terminal.

I've just had PB&J and bulk chocolate chip cookies for dinner.

There are at least three full-time staff members here. This has to be a money pit for the airline.

It's certainly not the VS Clubhouse nor even SFO's Cat Cora.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:13 pm

Is it worth it just going to the terminal in LAX (when flying another airline)? I have priority pass so it is free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.