Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: AS
New Menu for Summer 2017
SEA. - SFO and LAX

From LAX and SFO (Northbound)
Before 10am
Scrambled eggs with Burrata
Scrambled eggs, burrata cheese, lemon pesto, summer squashes, roasted tomatoes, grilled focaccia, arugula and micro basil.
Or
Protein Plate
Usual suspects with Carrot sriracha hummus, peach-almond muesli and mini pitas.

Lunch and Dinner
Thai Chicken Salad
Lemongrass marinated chicken breast, lettuce mix, fresh mango slices, julienned carrots and cucumbers. Grape tomatoes and Spicy lime vinaigrette and roasted cashews.
Or
Protein Plate
Marinated mozzarella and Beechers cheddar cheese. Half boiled eg, sliced cucumbers, grapes, red bell pepper, marinated slice of artichoke heart, grape tomatoes and mixed olives. Served with carrot sriracha hummus, quinoa fennel salad with fava beans. Mini Pitas.

From Seattle (Southbound

Before 10am

Coconut Pancakes
Pancakes made with ricotta, coconut milk, bananas and toasted coconut . Served with scrambled eggs roasted tomato , coconut syrup and toasted macadamia nuts . (Sounds like Hawaii on a plate)

Protein Plate
Fontina and Camembert cheeses, hard boiled egg half, grapes, baby carrot, stuffed grape leaves, fresh strawberry half and blackberries. Served with Greek yogurt humus, cardamom basmati rice pudding and mini pitas.

Lunch and Dinner

Grilled Peaches with Bresaola Salad
Lettuce mix, cured beef bresaola, buffalo mozzarella, grilled peaches, and teardrop tomatoes. Served with tarragon mint balsamic vinaigrette and toasted Marcona almonds.

Protein Plate

Fontina and Camembert cheeses, hard boiled egg half, grapes, toasted tomato baby carrot, stuffed grapes leaves, fresh strawberry and blackberries. Served with Greet yogurt hummus. Mixed nuts and mini pitas.

We traveled LAX to SEA

I had the Thai Chicken Salad. Excellent light meal. Cashews were not roasted . Small pieces of raw cashews . Prosecco was beverage and really enjoyed this.
Partner had the Protein Plate.
It was OK but, he wished the Protein Plate available from Seattle was served. That one is preferred.
Did miss the mixed nuts and stuffed grape leaves from the reverse direction menu.
Only 5 in F and passenger behind us had both choices served to them.
Summer travel season is in full swing!!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
VX273 - SFO-SJD - July 6

Flew down to Cabo yesterday. Great service and overall experience. Had a nice glass of prosecco before take-off then red wine thru the flight.

For the meal, I chose the pasta with ahi tuna. Noodles and sauce were really tasty. Tuna was a bit overcooked/dry, but still tasted good.

Okay, back to the pool....
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Ord-SFO meal was great - choices were chicken with black rice and vegetables, or cauliflower-filled ravioli. This was for a 2:15p flight that departed at 6:30p-ish so I don't know if we were given catering for a dinner flight.

F movies were same as in June. I used ife for most of the flight.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:42 pm

Virgin America Eastbound Premium/Eastern Star Summer 2017

Summer 2017 [June 2017]
Virgin America First Class
Eastbound Premium (SFO/LAX-JFK/DCA/BOS)

Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am
Tropical Smoothie Shot
Settle in after takeoff with a fresh smoothie shot of mango, pineapple, passion fruit, low fat yogurt, orange juice, and honey

Entrées
Breakfast is served with a flaky buttery croissant.
Contains wheat, dairy, and sugar

Arugula & Leek Omelet
Cage-free egg omelet filled with chives, arugula, leeks, and creamy Brie cheese. Served with roasted purple potatoes, asparagus, Applewood smoked bacon, roasted tomatoes and artichokes
Contains dairy, eggs, option pork

Scrambled Eggs with Burrata
Soft scrambled cage-free eggs, burrata cheese, lemon pesto, sautéed summer squashes, roasted tomato, grilled focaccia, arugula and micro basil
Contains eggs, dairy, optional wheat and nuts

Hot entrées are served with a fruit salad of fresh watermelon, kiwi, strawberries, pineapple, mango, and passion fruit lime syrup.
Contains sugar

Fresh Fruit with Chia Pudding
A bed of chia seed and coconut milk pudding topped with fresh cut mango, strawberries, kiwi, and pineapple, lightly sweetened coconut milk, and toasted coconut flakes
Contains sugar

Lunch & Dinner
Flights Departing after 10am

Cocktail Snack
Warmed Mixed Nuts
Served with drinks after takeoff.

Appetizer
Tomato Mango Gazpacho
Chilled yellow tomato and mango gazpacho
Topped with finely diced mango, tomato, serrano peppers, red onions, and cilantro
Contains wheat

Lunch & Dinner are served with a Multigrain roll

Entrées
Linguini with Tuna
Linguini pasta, spicy puttanesca sauce, olive oil poached ahi tuna, red and yellow grape tomatoes, sautéed summer squashes, pecorino Romano, and micro basil
Contains fish, wheat, dairy

Southwestern Ziti Pasta
Hearty ziti pasta topped with cilantro pesto cream, roasted corn, poblano peppers, red onions, grape tomatoes, queso fresco, and fresh cilantro
Contains wheat and dairy

Thai Chicken Salad
Lemongrass marinated chicken breast, mesclun lettuce, fresh mango, julienned carrots, cucumber, and grape tomatoes. Served with a spicy Thai lime vinaigrette and roasted cashews
Contains poultry, optional nuts, and trace seafood

Dessert
From SFO
Butter by Moodlight Ice Cream
Brown butter ice cream with blueberry swirl, Virgin America’s signature flavor from San Francisco’s own Humphry Slocombe
Contains dairy, eggs, sugar

From LAX
Lemon Mint Sorbet
Fresh mint and lemon sorbet from Los Angeles based Black Market Gelato.
Contains sugar

Snacks Anytime
Served with drinks after takeoff.

Top Shelf Bites
Nibble on a spread of delectable Dean & Deluca snacks throughout the flight.

Drinks
Red Wine
Gnarly Head Old Vine Zinfandel California 2014
Bonpas Don Hughes Cotes du Rhone Villages 2015

White Wine
Chateau St Jean Bijou Chardonnay California 2014
Zalze Bush Vine Chenin Blanc Coastal Region 2015
Bottega Vino dei Poeti Spumnate Prosecco DOC NV

SU17V2

Last edited by Carfield; Jul 18, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:38 pm

Since we live in Seattle, we are staying put for summer. Those of you who know Seattle will understand. We hang on for the summers. (Or, like us, go to So Cal to get away from rain in the winter )
Now, I am going through travel withdrawal. Booked all our fall and winter VX F flights , trying to enjoy great summer in Seattle.
Heads up, we booked VX flight for week before Thanksgiving to So Cal early. Just alerted, VX has re done their falll/winter schedule. Our flight was cancelled.
. CS said we could choose any flight we wanted as it was VX who changed schedule. Since we had F tickets, I think I book just a few days before Thanksgiving. I know, totally crazy time for air travel but, SEA /LAX should be reasonable
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
VX 731 DCA-DAL 0745-0945 A-319:

Full PDB

Both meals were quite good

Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
VX 731 DAL-LAS 1030-1119 A-319

Again a really good meal
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:57 pm

Any new menus for Fall2017. ???
Many on AS are reporting VX F is now been reduced to minimum standards. No more blankets, no more headphones etc.
Wondering if anyone has new input. We don't fly again until next month. 4 more F flights booked...looks like the "house cleaning" has begun.
I was hoping to enjoy VX until next year😥
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
Any new menus for Fall2017. ???
Many on AS are reporting VX F is now been reduced to minimum standards. No more blankets, no more headphones etc.
Wondering if anyone has new input. We don't fly again until next month. 4 more F flights booked...looks like the "house cleaning" has begun.
I was hoping to enjoy VX until next year😥
What flights are you flying? I'm doing a SEA to LAX in F (departing at 5:45pm) in late Oct... Wed the 25th if I recall. This will be my first time on Virgin (normally fly Alaska, of if I'm paying for F fly Delta). I'm curious what kind of option I'll have as a vegetarian (or if I'll have one at all....)

Alaska is absolutely horrible with any kind of vegetarian option in F. You can't pre-select meal requests and usually it's red meat option, or fish option. Hence why I usually pay to fly Delta and at least request a vegetarian meal (though they don't always get catered which is annoying).

Debating if I fill up on stuff in the centurion lounge (or Alaska lounge... maybe) in SEA before the flight and then just try the food if I'm surprised with something non-meat, or go light in the lounge and roll the dice I'll actually be able to eat the meal.

Also, how do the "treats and other stuff" work in F? Do you order the drinks and goodies and treats from the in flight entertainment screen/system, or do you flag down your FA and ask for something. I'm always hesitant to ask for extras of anything because you have to bug the FA and I'm always worried "am I that guy asking for two or three cookies when no one else is". But if I just can punch it up on the screen it feels less intrusive somehow and I'll probably enjoy a couple different things before Alaska drops the axe on Virgin's (what looks like) much better treats!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by acarney
What flights are you flying? I'm doing a SEA to LAX in F (departing at 5:45pm) in late Oct... Wed the 25th if I recall. This will be my first time on Virgin (normally fly Alaska, of if I'm paying for F fly Delta). I'm curious what kind of option I'll have as a vegetarian (or if I'll have one at all....)

Alaska is absolutely horrible with any kind of vegetarian option in F. You can't pre-select meal requests and usually it's red meat option, or fish option. Hence why I usually pay to fly Delta and at least request a vegetarian meal (though they don't always get catered which is annoying).

Debating if I fill up on stuff in the centurion lounge (or Alaska lounge... maybe) in SEA before the flight and then just try the food if I'm surprised with something non-meat, or go light in the lounge and roll the dice I'll actually be able to eat the meal.

Also, how do the "treats and other stuff" work in F? Do you order the drinks and goodies and treats from the in flight entertainment screen/system, or do you flag down your FA and ask for something. I'm always hesitant to ask for extras of anything because you have to bug the FA and I'm always worried "am I that guy asking for two or three cookies when no one else is". But if I just can punch it up on the screen it feels less intrusive somehow and I'll probably enjoy a couple different things before Alaska drops the axe on Virgin's (what looks like) much better treats!
We are currently trying to get in as many VX flights in F as we can before the VX F re-do.

What we learned....all items in F must go in overhead. No underseat storage.( For take off and landing)
Seat has recline and foot rest adjustments. Also, lumbar adjustment with subtle massage feature.
Menu will be distributed (even on SEA/LAX) flight. There should be a vegetarian choice. You can also request food from Y. I sometimes ask for small fruit and cheese box from Y. No charge. Many know this is a big deal for me. (I think AS should allow F request F & C from Y gratis .)
You can also request snacks from Y menu. This does not pop up on TV screen, like in Y.
I suggest going to VX website and looking over list under Coach snacks available for fee. They are gratis for F passengers. I sometimes ask for box of chocolate chip cookies and coffee after meal service. You can also ask for small box of M & M's , chips etc. These are kept upfront and FA from coach come to forward galley to fill orders for snacks. So, just ask FA for what you want.
Snack basket is distributed after meal service. It has chips, popcorn, gummy bears (or other candy ) nuts and small squares of chocolate.
FA in F are really great. We have always been impressed. Drink orders handled right .
TV in center arm rest. Plug for earbuds, center console below small pop out water bottle holder.

We fly again Oct 10. Will report if anything changes.

Last edited by pcoll; Sep 15, 2017 at 7:19 pm
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by acarney

First Class doesn't use the Red IFE for catering/food. The flight attendant will come to you to take your order. Pick a seat in Row 1, getting first pick of menu items is important to you. On a short flight of 2-3 hours, I wouldn't expect much, but something better than AS for food, definitely a nicer presentation. Menus from past flights posted here, will give you an idea.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
First Class doesn't use the Red IFE for catering/food. The flight attendant will come to you to take your order. Pick a seat in Row 1, getting first pick of menu items is important to you. On a short flight of 2-3 hours, I wouldn't expect much, but something better than AS for food, definitely a nicer presentation. Menus from past flights posted here, will give you an idea.
For the record I had no issues getting my choice of meals in row 2 on two consecutive flights last month. Both flights were full too. @:-)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by pcoll
We are currently trying to get in as many VX flights in F as we can before the VX F re-do.

What we learned....all items in F must go in overhead. No underseat storage.( For take off and landing)
Seat has recline and foot rest adjustments. Also, lumbar adjustment with subtle massage feature.
Menu will be distributed (even on SEA/LAX) flight. There should be a vegetarian choice. You can also request food from Y. I sometimes ask for small fruit and cheese box from Y. No charge. Many know this is a big deal for me. (I think AS should allow F request F & C from Y gratis .)
You can also request snacks from Y menu. This does not pop up on TV screen, like in Y.
I suggest going to VX website and looking over list under Coach snacks available for fee. They are gratis for F passengers. I sometimes ask for box of chocolate chip cookies and coffee after meal service. You can also ask for small box of M & M's , chips etc. These are kept upfront and FA from coach come to forward galley to fill orders for snacks. So, just ask FA for what you want.
Snack basket is distributed after meal service. It has chips, popcorn, gummy bears (or other candy ) nuts and small squares of chocolate.
FA in F are really great. We have always been impressed. Drink orders handled right .
TV in center arm rest. Plug for earbuds, center console below small pop out water bottle holder.

We fly again Oct 10. Will report if anything changes.
The cheese/cracker/fruit box has been an occasional joy in lieu of a weak appetizer or dessert option (and it compares comfortably alongside similar options on VS, DL, and BA's long-haul runs, which is nice).
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: Various
As a side note about IFE content (which is the same for F/MCS/Coach)

The content for August and September have been the same in all categories; in my experience. I hope they aren't going with changing content every quarter now.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:48 pm

Seattle to/from LAX-SFO Fall 2017 First Class

Fall 2017
Virgin America First Class
Seattle Flights

From Los Angeles & San Francisco

Breakfast

Entrées
Ricotta Frittata
Roasted delicate squash, tomatoes, ricotta, and cage free egg frittata. Herbs de Provence roasted potatoes, roasted cippolini onions, green salad with lemon vinaigrette and shaved parmesan.
Contains eggs and dairy

Protein Plate
Camembert and gouda cheese, cage free hardboiled egg, stuffed grape leaves, dried fruit, sliced red bell peppers and radish, grapes, and roasted tomato. Served with vanilla yogurt, quinoa porridge, and mini wheat pitas.
Contains egg, dairy, optional sugar, nuts, and wheat

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Roasted Chicken Salad
Herb roasted chicken breast, arugula, shaved fennel, marinated gold and chiogga beets, Persian cucumbers, and fresh dill. Served with toasted walnuts, feta cheese, and honey orange sumac vinaigrette.
Contains poultry, optional nuts and dairy

Protein Plate
Camembert and gouda cheese, cage free hardboiled egg, stuffed grape leaves, dried fruit, sliced red bell peppers and radish, grapes, and roasted tomato. Served with mixed nuts, butternut squash hummus, and mini wheat pitas.
Contains egg, dairy, optional nuts, and wheat

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites
Nibble on a spread of delectable Dean & Deluca snacks throughout the flight
FA17V1

From Seattle to Los Angeles & San Francisco

Breakfast

Entrées
French Toast with Scrambled Eggs
Orange infused brioche French toast, creamy scrambled cage free eggs, roasted tomato, rhubarb-thyme compote, and real maple syrup.
Contains eggs, dairy, sugar, and wheat

Protein Plate
Cheddar and fresh mozzarella cheese, cage free hardboiled egg, grapes, sliced cucumber, roasted tomato, olives, and marinated artichoke heart. Served with cherry almond pudding, carrot hummus and mini wheat pitas.
Contains egg, dairy, optional sugar, nuts, and wheat

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Beef and Spinach Salad
Herb roasted sliced beef, baby spinach, red onion, marinated gigante beans, haricots verts, sliced radishes, roasted tomatoes, cage free hardboiled eggs, and Dijon cider vinaigrette.
Contains beef and egg

Protein Plate
Cheddar and fresh mozzarella cheese, cage free hardboiled egg, grapes, sliced cucumber, roasted tomato, olives, and marinated artichoke heart. Served with quinoa lentil salad, carrot hummus and mini wheat pitas.
Contains dairy, egg, and optional wheat

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites
Nibble on a spread of delectable Dean & Deluca snacks throughout the flight
FA17V1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.