Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying First class soon...food movies?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Warm nuts are only served on premium transcon routes and between DAL - DCA/LGA

Definitely let the company know what kinds of desserts you'd like to see. I think the lemon meringue one we have on the current menu cycle is absolutely amazing, but the others aren't as exciting.
Is this different than the 'deconstructed pavlova'?

I liked the pavlova better than the brownie.

As long as you serve Bailey's, and can bring up the cookies from the back when necessary, I am good.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:16 pm

Has anybody noticed the recent pattern of F FAs disappearing after the initial service for the rest of the flight? After the meals are collected I rarely see them for another 2-3 hours on the transcon routes. Seems like they just want to gab with their friends in the back rather than waiting in the front if you need anything. Added to this annoyance is that VX refuses to enable the RED ordering so you're kind of stuck if there's something you want.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Has anybody noticed the recent pattern of F FAs disappearing after the initial service for the rest of the flight? After the meals are collected I rarely see them for another 2-3 hours on the transcon routes. Seems like they just want to gab with their friends in the back rather than waiting in the front if you need anything. Added to this annoyance is that VX refuses to enable the RED ordering so you're kind of stuck if there's something you want.
I disagree about the recency of the pattern but it's something that I occasionally experience, maybe 20% of the time. Its particularly frustrating when they just stay back there and only come forward when the call button is rung. I don't mind or blame them for hangout out with their colleagues in the back but its good to at least proactively check on people every now and then.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:45 pm

Not me. I have only seen the opposite of what you describe.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You are not stuck.
(1) Typically, the snack basket is up in the galley.
(2) You've got a mouth (and a call bell), use it. For the occasional lemon flight. make lemonade. The first ingredient is the call bell. Your neighbo(u)rs will not only thank, you, but the timid ones will follow your lead.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The first ingredient is the call bell. Your neighbo(u)rs will not only thank, you, but the timid ones will follow your lead.
So true.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:51 pm

VX Dallas Love Field to West Coast July 2015

Summer 2015
Virgin America First Class
Dallas to West Coast

Menu
Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am

Cranberry Orange Grain Buns
All-natural healthy grain buns full of sweet dried cranberries and fresh, juicy oranges
Contains wheat and sugar

All American Breakfast
Cage free scrambled eggs with chives served with roasted herbed red potatoes, roasted Roma tomato and optional chicken, maple, bacon, sweet potato sausage
Contains dairy, and optional poulry
Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel cut oatmeal served with strawberries, blueberries, light brown sugar and Greek yogurt
Contains optional sugar

Entrées are served with fruit salad of loquats, blackberries, mangoes, oranges, pistachios in a light rose water syrup.
Contains sugar

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Appetizer
Arugula Caper Berry Salad
Arugula lettuce, marinated mozzarella balls, teardrop yellow and red tomatoes, caper berry, and lemon moscatel vinaigrette
Contains dairy

Entrées
Chicken and Seafood Paella
Chicken chorizo sausage slices, roasted chicken, sautéed shrimp and bay scallops, saffron rice, sautéed bell pepper and onion medley, marinated artichokes, tomato wine sauce, and shredded Italian parsley
Contains seafood and poultry

Saffron Fettuccine
Saffron fettuccine, spiced butter sauce, sautéed mushrooms and fava beans, roasted grape tomatoes, toasted panko, pine nut and parsley topping, and shaved parmesan cheese
Contains dairy and wheat

Dessert
Lemon Sorbet
Refreshing lemon sorbet served with Meyer lemon and cocoa nib chocolate shortbread cookies from Rustic Bakery
Contains sugar and wheat

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

Nibble on a spread of delectable Dean & DeLuca snacks throughout the flight

Chocolate Squares
Cajun Snack Mix
Sonoma Snack Mix
Raw Almonds
Savory Pretzels
Sea Salt Chips
Gummy Bears
Caramel Popcorns

100F001 WB-CYC2

Last edited by Carfield; Sep 9, 2015 at 10:32 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:02 pm

Virgin America First Class Eastbound Non-Premium routes

Summer 2015
Virgin America First Class
West Coast to Chicago (Non-Premium Transcontinental routes)

Menu
Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am

Cranberry Orange Grain Buns
All-natural healthy grain buns full of sweet dried cranberries and fresh, juicy oranges
Contains wheat and sugar

Poached Eggs with Prosciutto
Cage free poached eggs, sliced prosciutto, arugula and basil leaves, roasted Roma tomatoes, salsa verde, and toasted brioche bread.
Contains pork and wheat

Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel cut oatmeal served with strawberries, blueberries, light brown sugar and Udi’s gluten free yogurt
Contains optional sugar

Entrées are served with fruit salad of papaya, pineapple, kiwi, and raspberries with a light guava mint syrup
Contains sugar

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Appetizer
Arugula Beet and Orange Salad
Arugula lettuce, roasted marinated red beets, orange segments, pistachios, citrus mint vinaigrette, and feta cheese crumbles
Contains dairy and nuts

Entrées
Beef Bulgogi BiBimBap Bowl
Marinated beef bulgogi, sautéed julienned carrots, sautéed kale, coconut jasmine rice with cilantro, pickled watermelon radishes, and spicy bean gochujang sauce
Contains beef

Grilled Eggplant with Burrata
Lemon pesto couscous, herb roasted grape tomatoes, grilled Japanese eggplant, arugula and basil lettuce, creamy burrata cheese, basil pistachio pesto, and pomegranate seeds
Contains dairy, wheat, and nuts

Dessert
Pistachio Bittersweet Tart
Bittersweet chocolate ganache and pistachio nuts in a buttery crunchy shell
Contains wheat, dairy, sugar, and nut

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites
Nibble on a spread of delectable Dean & DeLuca snacks throughout the flight

Chocolate Squares
Cajun Snack Mix
Sonoma Snack Mix

Raw Almonds
Savory Pretzels
Sea Salt Chips
Gummy Bears
Caramel Popcorns

100F001 Eastbound-CYC2

Last edited by Carfield; Aug 22, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
A few years ago, just as I was switching to VX from Unitard, I remember being served a really awesome hamburger in F. Juicy patty, on a bun, with mustard and onions and ketchup. One of the most satisfying meals I've had at 32,000 ft.

Anyone remember that?
Has the burger ever returned?

I see no mention of the word "hamburger" in this thread.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
I agree. If I am going to give Virgin a ton of money for a first class ticket I think its fair to expect the service that is supposed to come with it. It would suck to get someone in trouble but if the customer feedback is worded correctly maybe all that would result is a quick talking to. Everyone has bad/off days, after all.
Having said that, I have not had to email the company to give negative feedback on any team members. I have, however, sent a number of messages about GOOD service.
I've sent plenty of exceptional service notes myself, and only one bad one when the service missed the mark by a mile.

VXCabinCrew, out of curiosity, is the bread/appetizer, entree, and desert supposed to be delivered separately on all medium/long flights with meals? Or only for transcons, flights over X hours, or whatever?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by bayhouse
I've sent plenty of exceptional service notes myself, and only one bad one when the service missed the mark by a mile.

VXCabinCrew, out of curiosity, is the bread/appetizer, entree, and desert supposed to be delivered separately on all medium/long flights with meals? Or only for transcons, flights over X hours, or whatever?
For mid-con / trans-con routes (DAL, ORD or beyond), appetizer, entree and dessert are all supposed to be served seperately. Although i'll adjust service delivery according to guest's needs.

Last edited by VXCabinCrew; Aug 14, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
A few years ago, just as I was switching to VX from Unitard, I remember being served a really awesome hamburger in F. Juicy patty, on a bun, with mustard and onions and ketchup. One of the most satisfying meals I've had at 32,000 ft.

Anyone remember that?
Has the burger ever returned?

I see no mention of the word "hamburger" in this thread.
Funny you mention that. I was on ORD>SFO a couple of nights ago and my seat mate asked the FA about those. She explained how they managed to pull off serving a perfect burger in a tiny galley. Let's say it was not simple. It gave me a new appreciation of what it takes for the VX crews to pull off a nice meal in F.

Which reminds me to send a note on the VX site to ask for those to be back on the menu.

This crew was one of the top three crews I've experienced in 3 years of flying VX.

http://virginamerica.custhelp.com/ is where you want to send those comments. They do listen. When I sent some comments in about meals in F, I got a personalized reply ensuring the catering folks would receive my comments.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
Funny you mention that. I was on ORD>SFO a couple of nights ago and my seat mate asked the FA about those. She explained how they managed to pull off serving a perfect burger in a tiny galley. Let's say it was not simple. It gave me a new appreciation of what it takes for the VX crews to pull off a nice meal in F.

Which reminds me to send a note on the VX site to ask for those to be back on the menu.

This crew was one of the top three crews I've experienced in 3 years of flying VX.

http://virginamerica.custhelp.com/ is where you want to send those comments. They do listen. When I sent some comments in about meals in F, I got a personalized reply ensuring the catering folks would receive my comments.

That burger was such a pain to put together and plate, but the guests always LOVED it. I really hope it comes back again. It did return last Fall, but only on the DAL-DCA/LGA routes. It was so big, it was the first meal I had ever heard guests ask for a doggie bag lol And, of course, if First Class wasn't full, the crew really loved eating it. One of VX's best menu ideas.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
That burger was such a pain to put together and plate, but the guests always LOVED it. I really hope it comes back again. It did return last Fall, but only on the DAL-DCA/LGA routes. It was so big, it was the first meal I had ever heard guests ask for a doggie bag lol And, of course, if First Class wasn't full, the crew really loved eating it. One of VX's best menu ideas.
I remember having the burger last fall on DAL-LGA. The flight was pretty empty with only three people in F. The cabin crew were extremely excited, like kids in a candy shop, to each have a burger for dinner!

It looked like it was a really pain to prepare but DEFINITELY worth it!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Thanks for the link for feedback. I'll use it for lots of stuff ... in addition to asking for burgers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.