Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying First class soon...food movies?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:59 am

Will this be the same breakfast menu for September? I'm flying LAX MCO at that time and was relieved to see no goat's cheese!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Originally Posted by vatraveler
What meal service can one expect in mid-con F, say DAL-LGA?

It will be the same appetizer, entree options and dessert as shown by Carfield's great photos. The difference between a mid-con service and a premium route is that the premium route (SFO/LAX-BOS, JFK, EWR, DCA) gets the amuse-bouche and warm nuts and the ice cream (out of SFO only).
Cool - thanks for the info.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Will this be the same breakfast menu for September? I'm flying LAX MCO at that time and was relieved to see no goat's cheese!

The menus change quarterly, so it will different by September. The menu will change sometime over the summer.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:31 pm

Have an upcoming trip booked in F this Wednesday from SFO-SAN. A bit curious to see
what is being offered on the short hauls. Will report back.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mr27
Have an upcoming trip booked in F this Wednesday from SFO-SAN. A bit curious to see
what is being offered on the short hauls. Will report back.

Short haul is edamame hummus with pita bread and veggies, for flights after 10am. If it's a morning flight, it is a tapioca/yogurt and fruit dish.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:12 pm

Short haul is edamame hummus with pita bread and veggies, for flights after 10am. If it's a morning flight, it is a tapioca/yogurt and fruit dish.
Sounds good! Thank you for the info ^.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:45 pm

The menus change quarterly, so it will different by September. The menu will change sometime over the summer.
Thank you. I shall live in hope that the menu creators avoid goat's cheese for two consecutive quarters.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Thank you. I shall live in hope that the menu creators avoid goat's cheese for two consecutive quarters.
Totally agree. Olives and goat cheese. YUCK.
Old May 4, 2014, 2:03 pm

How about Mexico flights?

Just curious...

How are meals in First going from SFO/LAX to Mexico? Will they feature the same meals as featured in other domestic US flights? or will they feature a lower grade meal?

Most US airlines (even the Mexican airlines) offer a rather lukewarm premium product on these Mexican to US and back flights! I wonder if Virgin America also goes that low yield track, or does VX offer the same full meal service in F as other routes? I am sure that it is definitely not premium so no amuse bouche and warmed mixed nuts, but will it see the same linen and three-course meals?

Thanks in advance!

Carfield
Old May 4, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield
Just curious...

How are meals in First going from SFO/LAX to Mexico? Will they feature the same meals as featured in other domestic US flights? or will they feature a lower grade meal?

Most US airlines (even the Mexican airlines) offer a rather lukewarm premium product on these Mexican to US and back flights! I wonder if Virgin America also goes that low yield track, or does VX offer the same full meal service in F as other routes? I am sure that it is definitely not premium so no amuse bouche and warmed mixed nuts, but will it see the same linen and three-course meals?

Thanks in advance!

Carfield

The flights to and from Mexico offer the exact same service as US mid-cons - linen, entree, dessert, etc. The flights to Mexico are catered at SFO / LAX, so the food offerings are exactly the same as other US routes. The flights back to the US are catered in Mexico, so the menus are different than the US routes....right now the menu options are Mole Chicken or Chipotle Eggplant, with a chocolate spice cake for dessert.

Btw, the Mexico-catered food tends to be much better than US-catered foods. The meats, produce, fruit are much higher quality and more flavorful, IMO. I work a lot of Cabo turns and the guests really enjoy the F food.
Old May 4, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
I keep hearing about that chocolate spice cake. Makes me want to fly to Mexico :-)
Old May 12, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
I keep hearing about that chocolate spice cake. Makes me want to fly to Mexico :-)
Sounds amazing. Now I wish to fly to Mexico also
Old May 17, 2014, 4:36 pm

VX Non-Premium Route Eastbound April 2014

April 2014
Virgin America First Class Menu
Eastbound

Non-premium Flights (everywhere except NYC/BOS)

Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am

Scrambled Eggs with herb crème fraiche and Tropical Fruit salad
Cage-free scrambled eggs served with herb crème fraiche, sage-roasted Yukon Gold potatoes, a grilled Roma tomato, and optional maple chicken and bacon sausages. On the side is a tropical fruit salad of mango, kiwi, strawberry, pineapple, and a basil-lime dressing.
Contains dairy and poultry.

Or
Fruit Plate with Granola and Yogurt
Assorted fruit plate of kiwi, pineapple, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, lychees, green grapes, grapefruit, and oranges, served with strawberry low-fat yogurt and gluten-free granola.

Mid-Flight Snack
Edamame Hummus Plate
Edamame hummus plate with yellow roasted tomato, English cucumber, red and yellow bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, pita slices, and a Belgian chocolate truffle
Contains wheat, dairy, and sugar

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Appetizer
Mixed Herb Salad with Bresaola
A fresh mixed herb salad of cilantro, basil, parsley, chervil, and chives, served with roasted cashews, Japanese cucumber, red teardrop tomato, hearts of palm, and a sweet chili vinaigrette and topped with savory bresaola beef. Let your Inflight Teammate know if you’d prefer the vegetarian version.

Entrées
Chicken Puttanesca with Israeli Couscous
Puttanesca wine-braised boneless chicken thigh served with an Israeli herb couscous of sliced almonds, pattypan squash, grilled zucchini, and a roasted cherry tomato.
Contains nuts and dairy.
Or
Lemongrass Shitake Mushroom Soba Noodles
Buckwheat soba noodles, daikon radishes, shitake mushrooms, and edamame beans in a lemongrass soy-shitake broth garnished with leek and shiso leaf

Dessert
Flights departing Los Angles and Las Vegas
Mango Coconut Pave
Spicy sponge cake with mango and passion fruit mousse
Contains wheat, dairy, and sugar.

Flights departing San Francisco
Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream
San Francisco creamery Humphry Slocombe sweetens the skies with two mile-high flavors, Tahitan Vanilla and Butter by Moodlight, a custom flavor created exclusively for Virgin America.
Contains dairy and sugar.

Eastbound CYC1
Old May 17, 2014, 4:38 pm

VX Non-Premium Route Westbound Spring 2014

Virgin America First Class
Spring Menu
Westbound
Non-Premium Flights (Everything except JFK/EWR/BOS)

Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am

Scrambled eggs with Fingerling Potatoes and Peppers
Herb cage-free scrambled eggs with mango chicken sausage, fingerling potatoes, roasted peppers and onions, and a grilled Roma tomato. On the side is a tropical fruit salad of mango, papaya, strawberry, and pineapple, drizzled with sliced toasted almonds and passion fruit-lime dressing
Contains dairy, nuts, and wheat

Fruit Plate with Granola
Assorted fruit plate of kiwi, pineapple, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, lychees, green grapes, grapefruit, and oranges, served with strawberry low-fat yogurt and gluten-free granola.

Mid-Flight Snack
Westbound flights over four hours
Edamame Hummus Plate
Edamame hummus plate with yellow roasted tomato, English cucumber, red and yellow bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, pita slices, and a Belgian chocolate truffle
Contains wheat, dairy, and sugar

Lunch and Dinner

Appetizer
French Green Bean Salad
Cold haricot verts salad sprinkled with shaved Parmesan cheese, pitted country olives, lemon and olive oil zest, and a toasted hazelnut-lemon vinaigrette.
Contains dairy and nuts.

Entrées
Chicken Breast with Apple Fig Compote
Roasted chicken breast with Apple Fig Compote
Roasted chicken breast in an oregano, rosemary, and lemon marinade and a fig-apple Madeira jus compote, served with roasted garlic cauliflower puree and collard greens sautéed shiitake mushrooms
Contains poultry

Or
Farro Risotto with Spring Succotash
Creamy risotto of whole-grain farro, corn puree, mascarpone, basil, and Parmesan cheese, topped with sweet corn, herb and leek succotash, and sautéed shitake mushrooms.
Contains dairy.

Dessert
Raspberry Key Lime Pave
Vanilla Sponge cake with ginger and raspberry and key lime mousse

WB-CYC1

Last edited by Carfield; Jun 1, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:38 am

Same flight but different service

May 31, 2014
VX 127
Philadelphia to Los Angeles

Same menu and exact same flight, but completely different experience! The F/A looked cute in her headband but did absolutely the minimal. As some will say, all hype and no substances! Not sure if this is the way the meals are supposed to be done! Appetizer, bread and entrée all served together, while dessert was missing. There was no snack basket set up in the galley but she would respond to any call button. I had a feeling that we were almost forced to use the call button because she was not asking passengers if they needed more drinks. Snacks were never offered. It was definitely one of my poorest Virgin America flights this year and I had to fire off a rather unpleasant email last night.

Lunch and Dinner

Appetizer
French Green Bean Salad
Cold haricot verts salad sprinkled with shaved Parmesan cheese, pitted country olives, lemon and olive oil zest, and a toasted hazelnut-lemon vinaigrette.
Contains dairy and nuts.

Entrées
Chicken Breast with Apple Fig Compote
Roasted chicken breast with Apple Fig Compote
Roasted chicken breast in an oregano, rosemary, and lemon marinade and a fig-apple Madeira jus compote, served with roasted garlic cauliflower puree and collard greens sautéed shiitake mushrooms
Contains poultry

Or
Farro Risotto with Spring Succotash
Creamy risotto of whole-grain farro, corn puree, mascarpone, basil, and Parmesan cheese, topped with sweet corn, herb and leek succotash, and sautéed shitake mushrooms.
Contains dairy.

Dessert
Raspberry Key Lime Pave
Vanilla Sponge cake with ginger and raspberry and key lime mousse

I was so hungry that I asked for a sandwich from the back, as we were about two hours away from LAX.
At least she had the times to put them on a real plate!
Roast Beef Salsa Verde Sandwich
Sliced roast beef on cheese focaccia with a creamy salsa verde spread, caramelized onion jam, Roma tomatoes, mesclun lettuce mix, and shaved Cotija cheese.
It comes with a dark chocolate thin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.